Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Brand new owner of a VW, let alone a Touareg. Only had her a week. A 2004 (54) 2.5 R5.
So far I have noticed the following issues.

1) The fuel Gauge drops over night, so when I get back In the level is almost certainly lower then the night before. Yet the MFD is remaining there or there abouts. So which do I take note of. ? So far it's suggesting that I may get 280 miles to £60.00. Thirsty or not?
2) The parking sensors are not working. They switch on at the right times, but both front and bacback show two red lights only. No guidance what so ever.
3) This happened yesterday morning. I switched the ignition on, and the MFD stated that there was an issue with the brake system and that I should stop the vehicle. I simply switched the ignition off and back on and it went. Same again this morning. Braking appears fine to me..?

Any ideals. ?

Thank you in advance.

Colin..

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure about the rest, but for the parking sensors I had a similar problem. For mine it was a faulty sensor, if 1 sensor is faulty it will register with 2 red light either side.

What I did was to activate the parking sensors, you may need a second person in the car, or just do it with ignition on, then put your ears very close to each sensor. You should here a ticking sound, if you don't then the sensor is faulty.

I ended up replacing all 6 of my front sensors, had to remove the front bumper. But this is very easy and another story.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts