Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a T2 V8 and drive in the city of São Paulo - I get max 500km out of my tank sometimes less before I need to refuel (312 miles) with a 100L tank(˜22 gal) - I have an original Ross Tech cable.

Question is this kind of consumption normal? Is there any function in Ross Tech where I can check or improve fuel efficiency?

My Treg revs idle 800rpm - I have the impression this could lower a bit - how do I do that? Electronically? or manually ?

Kind regards

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Are you running premium fuel? If you're not, that could be the reason for the poor mileage.

I think my 08 V8 idles around 700 or so once it's warm. That's only from looking at the tach, not pulling it up on VCDS.

And if you're doing a lot of city driving or mountainous driving, that will kill your gas mileage pretty easily. The V8 is a thirsty pig. LOL!!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Driving a 4.2 litre V8 in the city and you expect it to be more economical??

C'mon, you pay to play with that engine!!

In fact my old 3.2 would get down to the same sort of 15 mpg in similar conditions so consider yourself lucky!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I get around 1000kms out of my R5 tank.
Ok, it's not a V8 but it goes plenty fast around town.
If United States had the Touareg R5, I would have bought it without second thought. I love the car and being able to drive it about a 1,000 kilometer will
be totally awesome.

·
Registered
631 Posts
If United States had the Touareg R5, I would have bought it without second thought. I love the car and being able to drive it about a 1,000 kilometer will
be totally awesome.
There's a bit of a trick to driving it but it's quite responsive around town and out on the highway. No top speed to speak of above legal speeds but that's not an issue for me.

I actually chose this engine because of the fuel efficiency and it has enough power for what I need it for.

·
Registered
68 Posts
There's a bit of a trick to driving it but it's quite responsive around town and out on the highway. No top speed to speak of above legal speeds but that's not an issue for me.

I actually chose this engine because of the fuel efficiency and it has enough power for what I need it for.
Actually don't care about the power that it brings. I bought the car because of how it looks. It looks really nice from both the interior and the exterior. It looks nice for its age also.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I own a T2 V8 and drive in the city of São Paulo - I get max 500km out of my tank sometimes less before I need to refuel (312 miles) with a 100L tank(˜22 gal)
I got 500km per tank in my '06 V8. Looking forward to see what my V10 TDI gets. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got around 10 mpg in my 05 V8 FSI or around 260 miles per tank. The mpg computer said I was getting around 11.5 mpg. Yes that's overall average between city & highway driving.

In my 2017 VR6 so far I'm getting around 14 mpg. The computer says 15 mpg.

I run premium fuel all the time.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dammmmmmmn.... 500 kms with a V8?

I consider myself pretty light-footed and I barely reach 500 kms on a full tank with the 3.6 V6. In all fairness though, I used to get near to 600 kms on a full tank with my T1 with the 3.2 V6, which in my opinion is a much more fuel efficient motor for some reason, even though it's not as powerful as the 3.6.

·
Registered
821 Posts
V6 TDI and you will get 750 miles on a 26 GaL TANK PLUS 450 FT LBS OF TORQUE . I GET MID 20'S AROUND TOWN. Best comb I've seen,and am teed off VW scewed the whole thing up,so we can't get them now in NA.

·
Registered
287 Posts
We don't get the diesels in this part of the world neither. Has something to do with the high sulfur content of diesel fuel in these parts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I do most of my driving around town and have observed that I get on average in the low 20's mpg in my 2012 Touareg Hybrid. I typically go 500 miles on a tank with plenty of reserve before my refill. It is fun to drive and has lots of power and torque!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts