Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$250 for the 4

One day only! (Really) Friday, November 13

Continental CrossContact LX Sport (OE on Cayenne)
255/55 R 18
109V load range
New vehicle take-offs
Manufactured 48th week of 2014

Would really not like to ship them.

If you care, the story behind the tires:
With the Touareg TDI looking to disappear from our shores, I purchased one before the window closed. I'm flying into Minneapolis to pick it up this coming Friday and driving it home. I have a set of Nokian Hakkapeliittas en route to Minneapolis. I only needed a set of winter wheels. Enter a set of Porsche Cayenne 18" new vehicle take-offs that are on their way to Minneapolis as well. I'd keep the 18" Continental tires that come with the wheels, but I like to complicate life and the car comes with 19" wheels. Swapping the 18's every summer and winter sort of defeats the purpose of a dedicated set of winter wheels.

I will add that I have not seen the tires, so I'm basing the description above based on what I think I'm purchasing. Bear in mind also that the moon, sun and stars will have to align with respect to flight delays on my part and transit times on the wheels' part.

*If* I can fit my summer wheels and the Continentals in the car, I will consider delivering them along my route (Fargo, Regina, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Whitehorse, Fairbanks)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not having seen them, I'm not 100% sure, but the only photo I have of the tires and wheels shows one (photo on the right) with a CrossContact tread pattern, and if you squint, you can make out the Continental on one side of the tire, "Contact" on the other side

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
buckwheat - where are you getting your Hakka's from? And where did you find the TDI Sport (I assume since it's got 18's on it).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I don't have any additional photos.

PM responded to.

I picked up a TDI Lux. Winter tires will be 18", summer tires are the stock 19". This is why I'm selling the 18" CrossContacts...they won't work as summer tires for me. I closed on the deal on November 2, the dealer is just holding it for me until I pick it up; you are going to have a tough time finding a TDI now.

On the other hand, you may get an awesome deal if they ever sell them again.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Also interested. I'd be willing to pay shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts