Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I parked under a Bradford Pear tree and got coated with dropped tiny pears. I have reddish brown stains on roof and one side. Bug and tar remover won't touch it. Polishes and swirl mark remover haven't done much either. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Only if this is a newer car with clear coat: If you are careful apply acetone to a soft, absorbent rag and gently rub discolored area. Do not let it sit on your paint and wash immediately with something like Maguiar's Quick Detailer. Note this is what the professionals use, but it requires discipline.
You will then need to re-apply wax to this area.
If you are uncomfortable with this have a detail shop remove the stains.

Here is a YouTube video of removing dried spay paint (looks like a Touareg too). Skip the fool W-D40 part.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Only if this is a newer car with clear coat: If you are careful apply acetone to a soft, absorbent rag and gently rub discolored area. Do not let it sit on your paint and wash immediately with something like Maguiar's Quick Detailer. Note this is what the professionals use, but it requires discipline.
You will then need to re-apply wax to this area.
If you are uncomfortable with this have a detail shop remove the stains.

Here is a YouTube video of removing dried spay paint (looks like a Touareg too). Skip the fool W-D40 part.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nJdB8S9UzyI
+1

I've used acetone on the paint before to remove gunk, if taken off quickly and then apply wax you should be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.