Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2005 touareg and the front windshield wipers aren't working in took it to a ship an they said there is no power to the motor is drove off went to the car wash and my wipers came on. The next day it rained an they weren't working again ? can someone help me figure out the problem. . Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
9,563 Posts
For starters make sure your radio is pushed in all the way. There is a micro switch in the back of the radio that if the unit is not in all the way prevents the wipers from working. Per chance do you say a hood ajar warning at all? If you see this warning and the hood is closed tight could be that switch is bad too. Beyond these to possibilities you may just need to get it scanned to see what is going on with it.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Also, make sure the hood is closed completely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank.you guys for the suggestions but unfortunately neither of those worked :frowning:. Do you think it could.be the relay? And anybody know if it's a FYI type of fix? My car is falling apart this morning I turned car off to pump gas and it would start unless I stepped on the gas

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thank.you guys for the suggestions but unfortunately neither of those worked :frowning:. Do you think it could.be the relay? And anybody know if it's a FYI type of fix? My car is falling apart this morning I turned car off to pump gas and it would start unless I stepped on the gas
Back when I started driving, the engine bay of my '66 1800S was full of $4 relays that turned stuff on and off.

The engine bay in your Touareg is full of $500+ ECUs that turn stuff on and off.

If you're planning on keeping the Touareg a while, either find a good private mechanic or invest in a Ross Tech setup -- software, laptop/tablet and genuine cable. It will go a long way to helping diagnose problems such as this.

Without diagnostic ability, you're just guessing at the problem. What you're describing now are symptoms.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The wipers on the touareg do not work in the typical fashion as most cars. First off, as Yeti and Treggin had mentioned it is imperative to check the switch behind the radio and the hood switch as well. now for the wiper motor... it does not get power on its own. It is controlled via the Lin bus system (on the Can network) so a wiring diagram and oscillisope will be needed to diagnose if that signal is being received to the motor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I'm actually driving around looking for a volkswagen friendly shop now lol ... we I am now it seems hard for me to find a shop that works on Forge in cars and the dealer is way to expensive

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sorry but IMO if you own a Treg and can't afford the dealer on something specialized like this (the system is complicated as stated above) you should own a Toyota or something american. An independent will have a tough time I would think with the diagnosis of such an item. I wouldn't think its an expensive fix per se however you need to the right diagnostic equipment for this as stated above which most independents won't have. I would suggest at least find out what is wrong at the dealer since they have the right tools to figure it out quickly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had my car for 6 years so I can afford it . But anybody with sense would find someone who could the work the same as the dealer for a less expensive price I know what I have to do but thank you for your input anyhow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts