Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
can anyone identify this part from the front suspension (non air ride) on 2008 TDi T2?
The part circled in red on the attached photo.
Apparently that joint is worn and makes knocking noises on bumps and the agency told me to replace both sides. Over 500$ each. I want to find other source to buy from.
Part name and number please..

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Front Upper Control Arm is the complete assembly. But if they are saying your bushings are worned they can be replaced with new bushings. Also take to another suspension shop for a second opinion and to check the rest of the bushings on the lower control arms and tie rods and sway bars.

7L0407021B is the part number of the control arms

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,436 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Few years ago I paid around 500$ for the OEM upper arm (the joint gone too). So, it's quite normal. http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f67/t2-knocking-on-the-front-suspension-147105-6.html#post806121
Today (because of devalued currency) it costs here around 260 USD only.
However there are many cheaper substitutes available.
I see the bushings in your link, but can you help me find the WV part numbers for them. I will need to stress the agency to only replace those bushings so I want to come prepared.
The part number is 7L0 407 077, if you're talking about position No.2 on your drawing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Replacing the whole part was cheaper than the more labor intensive work on the bushing. Did not get the OEM, naturally so the price was around 100eur + work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts