Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 185000 mile wear.
Has play in the front bushes, but will probably change all 4.
I'm informed that they are very F.Tight and the VAG tool or something similar is needed to do the job.
Can anyone hire me or supply me with the designs on how to make the extraction tool to remove and refit these bushes?
Thanks guys
A newbie

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Look up www.wallmek.se. They have a catalog that has a few different pullers and hydraulic presses to use on joint and bushes.
If you have a service manual, the pictures will show the part number for the bushing press. You will be able to search the internet under this VW tool number and you should get a few different options.

It is a difficult thing to replace if you don't have the right tools or at least a hydraulic type tool/press. Remember that there is a correct orientation for this type of bush by way of a V type notch

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I have looked through the catalog but couldn't see the right tool.
I shall keep looking and hopefully will get some luck shortly.
Again thank you so much for replying so quickly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
just change whole lower control arm it not worth stuffing around with the bush removal
also bushes arw expensive if u buy them separately also imagine u change all bushes and ur ball joint goes..impossible to change that...

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
What bushes are we talking about?
Control arm bushes or other subframe rubber mountings?

Check this thread. There is a pic at the end and some money talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts