Club Touareg Forum banner

Front Rotor Fluting

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ridedirt311 
#1 ·
I'm doing a brake job on my '08 V6, and I just wanted to make sure I was installing my rotors on the proper side. Shouldn't the fluting in the rotor face towards the front of the vehicle?

#3 ·
In the attached photo you can see the edge of the passenger side brake disk (as if looking from the back of the car). From the front, the curve of the fluting will appear to be slanting up.

You can also call Geoff at Alretta Truck Parts - he's got a diagram that he can e-mail you showing the correct orientation.
http://www.alretta.com/

Attachments

#4 ·
Thanks, Dave. I guess mine were marked wrong. The rotors I purchased the truck with were installed as you show in the diagram. It's a US rig, so I would think if you're sitting in the drivers seat the left rotor would be the driver side, right?

It does, Jay. That was the red flag. I put the rotor marked L on the driver side, and it was opposite of how the previous rotor was mounted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.