Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
09 TDi
852 Posts
The 1st thing that comes to mind is that you only replaced one caliper on each axle. SOP is to replace them in pairs per axle. Obviously you bled the new calipers but did you flush the entire brake system and get clear running fluid from all 4 ?

if it were me I'd rebuild all the calipers. I'm betting the 2 you skipped are sludged up

·
Registered
09 TDi
852 Posts
dont lose track of the point that by replacing only one side per axle you've actually created an imbalance in braking between sides. Aside from the suggestions that calipers are your issue this does have safety implications

·
Registered
09 TDi
852 Posts
im a step further than "a possibility". Even if the calipers you kept are not faulty they are still well used as compared to the refreshed one on the other side of both axles and just don't perform the same.

I understand your theory but your opinion that it's ok to do what you did but it does not seem to be shared with anyone else.yet we can agree to disagree

·
Registered
09 TDi
852 Posts
unless you've positively confirmed what IS the problem and have fixed it how can you rule out the unchanged calipers ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts