Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
I don't have a wiring diagram, but if you are uncertain about whether your ABS module is playing into this, why not simply unplug the entire module? I would expect the dash to light up, but you should still have hydraulic functional brakes.

I would also be looking at all of the other mechanical stuff. Specifically, you installed a new caliper, but what about the slider pins and the carrier bracket? Is there any corrosion that prevents these from retracting?

I will not dispute that brake components should be be replaced in pairs, but I am skeptical that this is the cause of your current issues. I would be looking at what sort of corrosion that water in the brake fluid may have created. Let's assume that the brake fluid is 13 years old. You could try flushing the brake fluid a few more times; but your next least-expensive option might be to start replacing other mechanical parts (master cylinder, ABS module, proportioning valve (not sure if your car has this).

Finally, I am confused about how you know that certain calipers are dragging. Do they glow red, are you checking them with an IR gun, jacking the car up, or feeling the temperature of a a wheel hub?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts