Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I am sure this has been talked about but I need to know how I can get rid of the chrome grill on my 2010 (Silver)? I'd either like it painted matte black or matte because I can't stand the chrome plus it's pitted and so forth. I also hate the chrome on the rear bumper under the tail gate.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. But is there a part out there that I can buy that is already Matte?

Below is what I want:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Yes T2 V8 has it stock, looks much better than the chrome one. I wonder if a good graphics shop could hook you up with good quality vinyl wrap...many patters, textures and colors?

Also the grill proper on the OE one is still chrome. Here is a pic of mine if you didn't already know this...

Attachments

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I prefer the V8 matte silver full GRILLE, not looking for the black grille with emblem. I will keep that. Anyone have the part number for the V8 pictured above?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I suppose I can remove it and spray it but I hope to find a good used one or new one.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found a genuine grille surround in matte in Japan for $89. List on these is well over $550

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
No I prefer the V8 matte silver full GRILLE,?
LOL!:D

Yes, the grilles are expensive as I discovered when I bought a new one.

Do make sure that whatever grille you have [and this applies to all T1/T2 owners by the way] is properly secured with the single screw in the middle just below the top rail of the grille as sometimes this screw seems to go missing.

As a result several people on here have had their grilles fly off at speed and then discovered how damned costly they are to replace when following traffic has demolished the errant part!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will do. I just ordered it. I am excited to ditch this chrome garbage. I will refinish the old one as it has dings in it from rocks so the chrome has holes in the film. I think I will go a matte black for that one then decide if I want it matte silver or matte black! :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks nice. So the guy in Japan won't send it to me. F-er!!! I will go wrap it or paint it matte black with some SEM bumper coat. I hate the chrome ****.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Plastidip it. Simple process and 100% reversible.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Might ask Darkus more about vinyl wrap, but I have seen some pretty cool stuff with it. Not sure how to do it, but his sure looks good.

Might consider a matt silver or maybe even stainless steel. I pulled some pictures from Google...

The BMW in the picture is stainless, if you look close enough you can see the texture or "brushed look."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks nice. So the guy in Japan won't send it to me. F-er!!! I will go wrap it or paint it matte black with some SEM bumper coat. I hate the chrome ****.
Ordered the Vvivid Gun Metal Grey Matte film. Let's see how this comes out. I plan on doing the rear gate chrome crap too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts