Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Can anyone enlighten me on how to get to the front parking camera on a 2012 T3? Mine has been hit and the lens is broken, not keen on spending the $600 (yep $600, part only!) quoted by the dealer for a replacement camera so want to get it out and see if I can get similar one at a sane price. Any help appreciated. Regards Vince

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All,
Can anyone enlighten me on how to get to the front parking camera on a 2012 T3? Mine has been hit and the lens is broken, not keen on spending the $600 (yep $600, part only!) quoted by the dealer for a replacement camera so want to get it out and see if I can get similar one at a sane price. Any help appreciated. Regards Vince
I suspect mine is too. All I get is a blurry, overexposed image. The camera seems recessed quite a bit so I wonder if the lens is what is missing from mine also. Does anybody have a photo of what the camera should look like in the front grill so I can ascertain if indeed it is the front lens that is missing from mine also.
Dean

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All,
Did you ever figure out how to do this? As I suspected, mine had a broken lens on the front and so I have bought a replacement and now need to install it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
I also have the same problem with a broken lens on the front camera and now I have an error symbol in the Info display. I bought a replacement from chine and it looks exactly the same as the one on the car but at a fraction of the dealer price. I have not replaced it yet and not sure how to get it out of the grill. It looks like it has 2 tags on each side so when you push the new one in it snaps into place.
I was hoping someone has done this before and could share how to do it with me :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
I also have the same problem with a broken lens on the front camera and now I have an error symbol in the Info display. I bought a replacement from chine and it looks exactly the same as the one on the car but at a fraction of the dealer price. I have not replaced it yet and not sure how to get it out of the grill. It looks like it has 2 tags on each side so when you push the new one in it snaps into place.
I was hoping someone has done this before and could share how to do it with me :)
Did you ever get to replace camera? I now need to replace mine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts