Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys ! I got a question before i am going to replace the rotors. My 13 T3 tdi has 110k miles on it. Do I need to replace all bolts that holding the rotors and caliper when replacing the rotors and pad ? Any information help. Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey Guys ! I got a question before i am going to replace the rotors. My 13 T3 tdi has 110k miles on it. Do I need to replace all bolts that holding the rotors and caliper when replacing the rotors and pad ? Any information help. Thanks.
The only time you'd replace bolts if they're made of aluminum and were torqued to a value. I'm not sure if VW uses aluminum caliper bolts for Touaregs.

·
Registered
666 Posts
If you've taken them apart, check their threading, and if it's okay and the bolts aren't corroded or rounded either, there's no need to replace them. I personally replaced that single short retaining bolt that's holding the rotor itself in place when the wheel, the pads and the caliper are all dismounted, but that wouldn't have been necessary either.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Reuse the bolts that hold caliper onto steering knuckle, get new rotors, pads, wear sensor and the hardware kit. A new bolt that holds the rotor onto the wheel spindle is good to have cause you may hack it up getting off.

Not sure your mechanical level but doing pads and rotors on T3 is fairly easy, my suggestion is before you remove the pads loosen the bleeder screw slightly with a rubber tube attached and with screw driver or small pry bar push the pistons back into the caliper before removing the brake pad, close bleeder and do other side of caliper same way.Ccan't remember but you may need to keep the first side wedged when you go to push pistons back on the other side.

When you put back together, top of brake fluid reservoir, pump brakes a few times and check fluid level again and top off if necessary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reuse the bolts that hold caliper onto steering knuckle, get new rotors, pads, wear sensor and the hardware kit. A new bolt that holds the rotor onto the wheel spindle is good to have cause you may hack it up getting off.

Not sure your mechanical level but doing pads and rotors on T3 is fairly easy, my suggestion is before you remove the pads loosen the bleeder screw slightly with a rubber tube attached and with screw driver or small pry bar push the pistons back into the caliper before removing the brake pad, close bleeder and do other side of caliper same way.Ccan't remember but you may need to keep the first side wedged when you go to push pistons back on the other side.

When you put back together, top of brake fluid reservoir, pump brakes a few times and check fluid level again and top off if necessary.
Hardware kit ? you means the bracket and the pins that holds the brake pads ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts