Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Q89-TReg

I'm a newbie from Durban, just bought myself a 2008 TReg V10 TDI at an auction a month ago with 88598 Kilos on the clock. It is in brilliant condition. Only problem I have had is the battery under the passenger seat. It was the original (as is the rear battery) but had died. Replaced the battery and all is well. The tyres and rims are 20" fitted with 275x40R20 with about 80% life left. Ok for the tar, but not for offroad/sand. Have to find a set of 5 18" rims shortly.
This my 2nd V10. First one, which I still have in Mocambique is a 2000 Ford F250 V10 (6.8 ltr). I used it for towing my boat. Sold the boat now so will dispose of Godzilla in the immediate future as it is just siting around now doing nothing.
Godzilla 2

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Tabsr, I used the boat for fishing and pleasure off the coast of Mocambique. Mainly around Bazaruto Archipeligo and Inhacca Island. Beautiful areas. The boat was a Coronet 24 originally with twin 145hp Volvo Penta Z drives. Removed these, closed up the transom and fitted twin 130hp Honda outboards on out-mounts. Much better performance.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Boats

I had a Tiara 27 foot, 8.2 meter twin inboard enginesd with 270hp V8 each. Sold it and bought a Tiara 31 ft, 9.5 meter with 350hp, 7.4 litre V8. Traveled many places along the Canadian and US areas. Great fishing for Salmon and most types of trout, virgin fishing and wild country. Water temp in summer is 47 to 55 degree F at surface. Every day on a boat is enjoyable, including repairs. The fuel price is a killer at 0.85 mi per gal.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had a Tiara 27 foot, 8.2 meter twin inboard enginesd with 270hp V8 each. Sold it and bought a Tiara 31 ft, 9.5 meter with 350hp, 7.4 litre V8. Traveled many places along the Canadian and US areas. Great fishing for Salmon and most types of trout, virgin fishing and wild country. Water temp in summer is 47 to 55 degree F at surface. Every day on a boat is enjoyable, including repairs. The fuel price is a killer at 0.85 mi per gal.
Fuel is a small price to pay when your enjoying the water from a Tiara!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
jmpurcel
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing