Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm in need of a cable. I'm not too proud to beg. Anyone in the Newcastle area have one that they don't mind sharing?

No, I don't have any desire to spend $400 to own one myself... Yes, I foolishly already spent $15 on eBay hoping the knock-off cables and the free Ross-Tech software would work. Nope. All I want to do is cancel this bloody service inspection interval reminder on my 2014 150 tdi.

No, I don't mean the service interval, I mean the inspection interval, and it cannot be reset through the Car menu in the radio. I don't want to take it to a VW dealer. Sorry, I'm a tight ass, and the fact that this isn't user resettable seriously pisses me off. Looks like every other VW model out there other than the new Treg's can be reset via a combination of pushing the 0.0 and turning the key. Nope, not the new ones. I'm annoyed. Help please. :)

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm in need of a cable. I'm not too proud to beg. Anyone in the Newcastle area have one that they don't mind sharing?

No, I don't have any desire to spend $400 to own one myself... Yes, I foolishly already spent $15 on eBay hoping the knock-off cables and the free Ross-Tech software would work. Nope. All I want to do is cancel this bloody service inspection interval reminder on my 2014 150 tdi.

No, I don't mean the service interval, I mean the inspection interval, and it cannot be reset through the Car menu in the radio. I don't want to take it to a VW dealer. Sorry, I'm a tight ass, and the fact that this isn't user resettable seriously pisses me off. Looks like every other VW model out there other than the new Treg's can be reset via a combination of pushing the 0.0 and turning the key. Nope, not the new ones. I'm annoyed. Help please. :)
I presume you have the procedure to cancel the service interval indicator ?
If so some time over the next week I can let you access my cable and software.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I presume you have the procedure to cancel the service interval indicator ?
If so some time over the next week I can let you access my cable and software.

regards
Drag
I do indeed have the procedure, and after having a play around with the free Ross-Tech software on my PC, I'm sure I could sort it. Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: VW Service Interval Reminders

That would be awesome if you could help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts