Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Free:

Front differential assy from an 04 V10. Has ~140,000 miles, and at the least a bad carrier bearing.

Use it for spares? Rebuild it for your V10? Don't care! I just need it out of my shed.

Located just outside Washington DC.

-J

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No interest?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure. It'll have to go on a palette. I'll get a quote.

-J

·
Banned
260 Posts
No need for a pallet.
Just a cheep cardboard box and tape.
That's the way mine came. UPS about 70lbs as I remember.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is this gone? I'm looking for one to rebuild for swap into mine as I'm starting to hear bearing noise from the front diff.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Something to note for mghamms, I dont think the V8 and V10 have the same gear ratios in the diffs. this diff may not work for you as a swap-in (if you do drive a V8)
http://kankondemuamba.a.k.f.unblog.fr/files/2012/04/rear-differential.pdf
V8s came with 3.7, 4.1, or 4.556 while the V10 uses a 3.273 on all 5L models. these are not interchangeable.
Also the Drive shaft flange diameter is most commonly different with V8s using a 114mm and the V10 using a 122mm.

·
Banned
260 Posts
Yes i know it will not work in my V8.
Just thought it would be a good core to rebuild for some other needy sole and don't want it scrapped.

Something to note for mghamms, I dont think the V8 and V10 have the same gear ratios in the diffs. this diff may not work for you as a swap-in (if you do drive a V8)
http://kankondemuamba.a.k.f.unblog.fr/files/2012/04/rear-differential.pdf
V8s came with 3.7, 4.1, or 4.556 while the V10 uses a 3.273 on all 5L models. these are not interchangeable.
Also the Drive shaft flange diameter is most commonly different with V8s using a 114mm and the V10 using a 122mm.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes i know it will not work in my V8.
Just thought it would be a good core to rebuild for some other needy sole and don't want it scrapped.
Good deal. I do need one! Mine is making all sorts of noise. Did you guys ship it already? If so, I can gladly cover your shipping. If not, interested in giving it up? :-D

·
Registered
7 Posts
V10 Carrier Assembly Available

Hello do you still have this piece?

Have you ever opened it up or just a swap out? Mine has the same issue!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts