Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just picked up a gasser 2011 Touareg fully loaded 160k km on the clock.

Owner mentioned the car came with lifetime SirusXM subscription. Think that's a pretty unreal bonus, wondering if anyone else has this.

So far the vehicle is incredible can't believe its 10 years old.. feels more modern than new cars.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,177 Posts
You can check if you put your radio id number in their website. I haven't heard of a life time subscription though.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You can check if you put your radio id number in their website. I haven't heard of a life time subscription though.
2016 came with a 4 year subscription to their traffic report service at no additional charge. The music/sports/news service was included for 90 days I believe.

·
Registered
09 TDi
455 Posts
My dealer hooked me up w a free 90 day Sirius trial which I finally let Sirius upsell me on...to 12 mo for $6/mo.

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
905 Posts
Hello,

Just picked up a gasser 2011 Touareg fully loaded 160k km on the clock.

Owner mentioned the car came with lifetime SirusXM subscription. Think that's a pretty unreal bonus, wondering if anyone else has this.

So far the vehicle is incredible can't believe its 10 years old.. feels more modern than new cars.
The 2008 v10tdi I had and sold also had lifetime SiriusX.

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,235 Posts
I never saw the need for SiriusXM or any of the other possible available services. My '11 LUX has the HDD with 2 SD card inputs. I have thousands of MP3's of music I like. I just load up an SD card and I'm all smiles.

·
Registered
2016 TDI Lux, white with beige interior
191 Posts
I never saw the need for SiriusXM or any of the other possible available services. My '11 LUX has the HDD with 2 SD card inputs. I have thousands of MP3's of music I like. I just load up an SD card and I'm all smiles.
Agree kinda, but I enjoyed the 60s and 70s channel on XM when on long drives. I have plenty of my own tunes, but I hadn't heard Zappa's Dinah-Moe Humm in decades. It popped up and was a blast to sing along. I recalled most of the words.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey if it’s free I’m not complaining haha! I’ve never had it so might as well use it, notice it has a bunch of decent talk radio stations as well.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,177 Posts
How do you ever find new music? Personally I listen to 44 Hip hop nation, They get popular songs Months before they become main stream. It was better back in the day though.

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,235 Posts
How do you ever find new music? Personally I listen to 44 Hip hop nation, They get popular songs Months before they become main stream. It was better back in the day though.
I search around the web for what's new. Go to sites that play a song or two from a new group. I also find out from friends what's new in the genre I like to listen to. Then I research and see if I like them.
Back in the day MTV used to have Headbangers Ball where they would play new groups that came out. Gone are those days.

Reactions: N8henn79

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,235 Posts
Agree kinda, but I enjoyed the 60s and 70s channel on XM when on long drives. I have plenty of my own tunes, but I hadn't heard Zappa's Dinah-Moe Humm in decades. It popped up and was a blast to sing along. I recalled most of the words.
Gotta love Zappa and his musical genius.
You know most any song, no matter how obscure is usually on YouTube.

Reactions: Mike in Anchorage

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,177 Posts
I search around the web for what's new. Go to sites that play a song or two from a new group. I also find out from friends what's new in the genre I like to listen to. Then I research and see if I like them.
Back in the day MTV used to have Headbangers Ball where they would play new groups that came out. Gone are those days.
That's way to much work lol. I mean personally being in the entertainment business I am always looking for new music and like to keep up with the current trends on the music genres.

MTV was way back, I didn't grow up in that era, I was on the tail end of it. If nothing else was on I'd see if MTV had anything lol.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,177 Posts
I listen to my own music all day at work, really like being able to jump in the car and have new stuff to listen to.
The Dj's are really good too. I first had it in my Jetta, I feel in love with it then. I used to have to go NYC for work, I would be able to drive to the city and back and not hear even hear the same song twice.

·
Registered
2016 VW Touareg V6 TDI Executive, Dark Flint Metallic/Anthracite
13 Posts
Yeah, mine came with 3 months free and then I just got an offer in the mail for 3 more months for $2 which I'll probably extend. I have Sirius/XM in my 4Runner too. I love it as I go WAY off grid and I like to listen to more music than I have and I can listen to NHL/MLB/NFL games as well. Can't do that by way of SD card. Tho I may upload all my music to a card so I have it at my disposal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts