Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I have a dream of one of those in an Ariel Atom. I wouldn't have to fill up after every 30 minute track session

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I'm betting its a scam. Any takers? Who ever heard of a core charge when selling a "slightly" used V10? And it doesn't even come with ECU(s)! 11,000mi? RIGHT!! how would you verify that?:?::?:

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
VolkswagOn...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Did you also notice this gem
"THIS ENGINE IS ALSO SOLD WITH A CORE EXCHANGE A CORE CHARGE WILL APPLY."
I'd be interested in knowing the price for the motor and also what the core charge is. Bet the total is over $10K. Anyone local want to go and check it out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting, could be true but who knows ? I have a complete V10 engine with 70k full running gear, basically a full car breaking, what would that be worth ? Any advice (Location UK)

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Weird that they are asking for a core...typically that's only something a rebuilder asks for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't trust someone who is also selling:

...FOR THIS SAME VEHICAL
...FRONT DIFFERANTIAL
...TURBO INNER COOLERS

Now, I know I'm not an english major, but if I'm selling this stuff(and I know what parts I'm selling), I would hope I could at least spell them correctly.
Just sayin'...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then you have never seen a handwritten invoice from an independent repair shop. That is EXACTLY how they write and spell. Phonetics rule. ;o)

Post computer and Mitchell repair guides online, the computer invoices got better, but assuming this is a salvage yard, totally what I'd expect.

My Dad owned independent repair shops his entire life, and I bet he spells that stuff the same way--to this day. ;o)

Cheers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts