Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was at my dealer today and quizzed the service guys on some additives - mainly for anti-gelling through our cold winters. They stated VW does not recommend fuel additives but the service guys sold me a bottle of Forte premium ULS Diesel Booster (1L Bottle for $22). The bottle states this 1L is good to treat 400L, but the guys at the dealer said to even use the whole bottle to treat 200L.

This additive is supposed to increase fuel economy, extend the DPF life, boost performance as it is a cetane enhancer, anti-gel down to -55°C, reduce injector failures lubricate pumps and reduce emissions. Looking online everyone that uses it seems pretty happy with it! Just curious if anyone here is running this specific additive and how it's been working for them and if they have noticed any performance increase on there T3's or any tdi Toaureg for that matter.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody using this stuff?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Never heard of it either.

As I understand, this Forte thing is used mostly for commercial fleet vehicles. Using this additive makes diesel operable down to -55F which is not a requirement for winter diesel, but for an arctic grade diesel fuel.

I would like to learn whether rules of multiplication do work for winter diesel additives. If I will use winter diesel fuel with -30F operability range out of a pump (Cenex WinterMaster diesel as an example) and will add to it Stanadyne Winter 1000 winterizing additive (claiming to “reduce pour point by as much as 40F”), will I actually create an arctic blend of diesel fuel with operability range down to -70F? I am guessing that adding additive will rather reduce pour point to a fixed value, say -40F and no more than that.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you check out the link I posted above they have a bunch of test data on their website - but it doesn't state what competing brands they are comparing results to - rather just generic competition A, B, etc....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts