Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little wifey and I had a leisurely Saturday afternoon, so we moseyed on down to the local Ford dealership in my company Ford pickup to see what this new Ford Flex was all about. We test drove a fully loaded AWD model. It is a nice car. V6, but not too bad. Felt pretty good. The interior is the best Ford quality I have ever seen. About 80% of the Toureg quality, if you don't mind plastic faux wood trim. The Nav system is the best I have ever seen. After we came back to the dealership, the manager asked us what we were currently driving. I told him and he said he knew the owner of the local VW dealership and could get me a really good trade in price. I didn't tell him I went to high school with the guy. he he. Anyway, after he did all of his magic on the $43K sticker price, he offered the Flex for $37K. We went home and took the Toureg out for a little dinner drive, and I immediately lost interest in that $37K Ford. The Toureg is so much more automobile.:cool:

·
Registered
839 Posts
thank gaud . . .

I was really afraid where this story was heading. I checked out the Flex awhile back too and beyond the box on wheels looks, you're right they are fairly nice inside but I wouldn't remotely consider trading our Volvo for one, much less a Treg.

Nice report with a good ending . . .

Reactions: Watch Carefully

·
Registered
73 Posts
We looked at one on the showroom floor when I bought my 09 FX4. It's real nice on the inside. The Nav in my FX4 is the same, but there are some things I would change. You can't search the nav at all when the vehicle is in motion unless it's one of your saved locations.

On the outside, it's still a minivan to me...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm changing the timing belt on my ranger and would need to get the Crankshaft Sensor Positioner if I pulled the sensor off in order to reattach it, is there any workaround to this? Is there a bootleg I can use? Can I just leave the crankshaft position sensor on and pull the belt off around it, then install vice versa? best replacement shocks for ford ranger As long as I keep my timing marks dead on and make sure my belt is tight(and do two full revolutions by hand to make sure timing stays good), I should be good, right? Or is that a big no-no? Thanks in advance!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.