Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased from Xtrons direct. The unit is still brand new but does not come with original box. I’ve tried it in my 2010 Touareg, fits perfect and has the 4 key slots like the OEM RNS510 radio and other OEM Touareg radios built from 2004-2010.

Also included is OBD2 Reader which communicates with the radio wirelessly.

Also included is the Apple CarPlay Dongle as well.

Selling because I realized too late that this does not support Dynaudio. So I went back to OEM. With everything, I’ve paid almost $400 shipped.

Sincerely an awesome device with the latest hardware updates versus the older Android radios.

Android 9.0 | Octa Core | 32GB / 4GB | Car Auto Play | TPMS | OBD | 4G WiFi | DAB

A53 64-bit Octa-core PX5; 4 GB RAM; 32 GB ROM

Android 9.0 operating system
7" HD digital touch screen
Full RCA output

Supports Car Auto Play Voice Control for iPhone (Adapter CP01 optional)

1024 * 600 High resolution
Support 2K 1080P Video
Screen Mirroring (Entertainment for your trip)
Faster wireless with built-in WiFi
Bluetooth 5.0 for Bluetooth calls and music
Built-in radio tuner (RDS enabled)
Built-in USB and SD slot
Built-in GPS navigation
Region Free DVD player
Steering wheel control ready

Diagnose vehicle status (OBD2 adapter optional)

Supports the function of the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS01 and TPMS05 are optional)

Supports 4G & 3G internet (4G dongle and 3G dongle are optional)

Supports external DVR (DVR019S optional)

Supports external keyboard (AMK003 Optional)

Supports external microphone (MIC001 , MIC002 and MIC003 are optional)

Supports reversing camera (CAM009 optional)

Supports front-view camera (CAM001F optional)

Applicable Models & Years
For VW TOUAREG (2004-2011)

Face Panel: 230*118mm

Although we have made every effort to ensure this unit will be compatible with the listed vehicles, please check the year, dimensions and shape of the center console of your vehicles before purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
You sure it doesn't work with Dynaudio? I just installed one in my 2010 with Nav and Dynaudio and it has been working flawlessly. I purchased the radio from a different vendor, but it appears to be identical... I think a Chinese manufacturer called Mekede makes the radios for a lot of the vendors.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You sure it doesn't work with Dynaudio? I just installed one in my 2010 with Nav and Dynaudio and it has been working flawlessly. I purchased the radio from a different vendor, but it appears to be identical... I think a Chinese manufacturer called Mekede makes the radios for a lot of the vendors.
Technically it does work. I had it installed for about 9 days in my car but was almost certain the music wasn’t properly channeling and at loud volumes you could hear a speaker or two struggling a bit. You could always install the PAC Wiring Interface and it would restore the OEM amplifier settings for aftermarket radios.

I just didn’t want to go through more hassle, especially since I’d still need to figure out how I would have kept the OEM rear camera and wasn’t willing to go aftermarket camera.

Now with my new 2019 model year RNS510, I’m kinda wishing I did aftermarket camera cos then it would be so much clearer and brighter rather than the old grainy dark footage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ahh gotcha! I dont think i've noticed any issues with mine other than the feedback being excessive when nothing is playing. I was hoping I could find a solution to utilize the factory backup cam, but I stumbled across much higher quality aftermarket units that fit in the license plate light.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, aftermarket cameras are the way to go although I’m not gonna fret about my OEM camera anymore since it’s just for reversing lol. And yes, that white noise when nothing is playing is crazy annoying. I think you might find a huge difference and elimination of that white noise if you install that PAC module. Don’t buy it from PAC, get it from Amazon or even Best Buy is cheaper I think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll definitely need to get my hands on this PAC module you are referring to! Also, I felt the same way about the camera but I was kind of annoyed with how low quality the OE one was. For $20 shipped from china for HD night vision backup cam I couldn't complain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea, aftermarket cameras are the way to go although I’m not gonna fret about my OEM camera anymore since it’s just for reversing lol. And yes, that white noise when nothing is playing is crazy annoying. I think you might find a huge difference and elimination of that white noise if you install that PAC module. Don’t buy it from PAC, get it from Amazon or even Best Buy is cheaper I think.

Check this out!! https://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_KBUC_TG.html

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, I seen that. I wish I had known about these guys from the very beginning of my expensive and time consuming journey of Touareg 2 radio options.

I ended up getting a brand new 2019 RNS510 SSD version straight from Europe but customized for US Models with the latest firmware.

The biggest difference is that it’s much quicker and screen is LED supposedly but it’s 3 generations newer than the older 2010 RNS510 units.

Was it worth $1200+ ? I don’t know, only time will tell.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yup, I seen that. I wish I had known about these guys from the very beginning of my expensive and time consuming journey of Touareg 2 radio options.

I ended up getting a brand new 2019 RNS510 SSD version straight from Europe but customized for US Models with the latest firmware.

The biggest difference is that it’s much quicker and screen is LED supposedly but it’s 3 generations newer than the older 2010 RNS510 units.

Was it worth $1200+ ? I don’t know, only time will tell.

Holy wow that price tag! Definitely keep us posted on the functionality and quality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts