Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm close to trading in my 2017 Wolfsburg but thought I'd check with you guys first if there are any interested buyers. Asking $27,500. It's clean w/ 54,400 miles w/ light gray interior, just replaced tires & brakes. I have Thule extended aero bars on it now and a tow hitch. I'm in LA area. I'll post more photos shortly...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I originally wanted the TDI but couldn't find any at the time. I sold my 2005 V8 then found this 2017 V6 Wolf I couldn't pass up. I got the first gen and the last of the last gen. End of an era, sad to be leaving the Treg family. I've attached a couple nostalgic pics.

So I'm trading her in for a Tesla or E-tron. If anyone's interested please get in touch before the weekend. I'd like to find her a good home. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick poll - should I get the E-Tron or Tesla Model Y?

(Model X won't work for me because I need to have a roof rack)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sold the Treg and have the following accessories for sale:

-Monster Mats (pics to follow) - $60

-Thule 450R Rapid Crossroad + 53 Inch AeroBlade Bars - $350

-North American Custom Covers Cargo Liner for Touareg 2010 to 2018 - $60

·
Registered
2013 TDI Exec
198 Posts
Did you figure out which one to pick between the eTron and MY?

We just picked up an ID4 1st last Friday. I'd suggest checking one out before you decide between the other two. Also, I'm interested in your cargo cover.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Got the Model Y. eTron just not enough range for LA to Tahoe trips. I'd have to make 2 extra pit stops in the eTron and EA charging network is horrible. Plus the dealership experience still shady. Tesla buying experience is like going to the Apple store.

No AWD on ID4 yet so no go on that. How do you like yours?

The treg shipped out today.

Check your DM for cargo cover.

·
Registered
2013 TDI Exec
198 Posts
I put an order in for an AWD but then read that it's expected to have about a 225 range instead of 250 because the motors are always going to be running. It was supposed to arrive around November. I went in to a dealership to do something with the Treg and noticed a 1st edition and test drove it. Was told the buyer declined due to finances and then I made a snap judgement to buy it!

So far, I love it. It's not as snappy as I expect the AWD will be but it's a daddy wagon so not really necessary realistically speaking. So far, it's showing the impeccable build quality I've come to expect from a German production line. I expect build quality will diminish somewhat in the following models to get its production costs down.

I'm nearby you so you and I both know that everyone is driving a Tesla these days :) I do really enjoy the different aesthetic. I was second guessing between the MY until I was driving alongside one on Sunday and realized it looked like a larger version of the M3, which isn't bad per se but not what I want from my "SUV." When I saw the comparisons online I was expecting a more SUV aesthetic. That said, side by side with the Treg the ID4 starts to look more wagon-ish than SUV. It looks more like my GSW TDI than it does the Treg, which isn't a bad thing since I owned three of them :) In fact, it's so much not an SUV to me that I threw a down payment down on the cyber truck.

I haven't spent a lot of time in the cockpit of a Tesla. All of my impressions are from a distance and primarily aesthetic. It also only cost me $40K out of pocket. The EA network isn't half bad...it's much better than it was in the past. Won't argue that it doesn't have a long ways to go to compete with Tesla, though. Depending on how you are dealing with COVID/vaccinations/etc. we can just compare them side by side when/if I pick up the cargo cover and you can see for yourself! It's def. a VW for better or for worse :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Model Y is actually bigger than it looks. Almost the size of the Treg except for the slope at the back. I think it is truly a SUV/sportscar combination.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts