Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time to downsize again. I have for sale my 2008 V10 TDI. This is a super rare one just by being a V10 TDI from 08, but having the center/rear locker puts it in a sub category already, and then add the Adaptive Cruise Control is this is a rare beast.

If you're looking at this, I assume you are looking for a V10, and therefore don't need me to give you the usual breakdown of speed and torque along with the videos of it towing a 747. But I do ask for only serious inquiries only.

Also, there are some upgrades, like the under door VW logo lights, the weatherproof diamond stick floor mats, and the RNS510. Also on the exterior is an R50 Body kit.

It's currently in Boston, MA, and I am asking $21,000.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
122000 Miles.

I've had it about a year. It was fellow site member Pilot's car, previously.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know the car! Flew to NYC to meet 'Pilot' in person to test it. Ended up purchasing a white R50 from New Jersey! GLWS!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know the car! Flew to NYC to meet 'Pilot' in person to test it. Ended up purchasing a white R50 from New Jersey! GLWS!
Great history on the build here.

Last I saw the car sold for ~$16,500. Coming in @ 21k seems like quite the mark up from when it was last on the market...

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
910 Posts
Great history on the build here.

Last I saw the car sold for ~$16,500. Coming in @ 21k seems like quite the mark up from when it was last on the market...
I don't think it's that bad. People are going to offer way less, you need to start slightly higher.

·
Registered
350 Posts
For one this is not a real R, two it has miles on it. I think starting should not be more than 16k If he really wants it gone. I bought my 06 V10 with just 50k miles on it from VW of Oakland CA for just 18k including the warranty.

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
837 Posts
It’s hard to figure a price... I sold my perfect 2008 V10tdi about 2 1/2 year's ago. I thought it would bring a lot more than I got. Really was no market for it until the price dropped. I got 14k. Was glad it was gone as I prefer 2004 Touaregs. About a year ago I saw it for sale again, again no interest. Just because something is unique doesn’t equate to dollars. With the market and economic climate I would guess a reasonable expectation would be 12-13k based on my sale.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
910 Posts
For one this is not a real R, two it has miles on it. I think starting should not be more than 16k If he really wants it gone. I bought my 06 V10 with just 50k miles on it from VW of Oakland CA for just 18k including the warranty.
And what year did you buy it? I don't think miles are bad. It's all about the past owner...

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
910 Posts
It’s hard to figure a price... I sold my perfect 2008 V10tdi about 2 1/2 year's ago. I thought it would bring a lot more than I got. Really was no market for it until the price dropped. I got 14k. Was glad it was gone as I prefer 2004 Touaregs. About a year ago I saw it for sale again, again no interest. Just because something is unique doesn’t equate to dollars. With the market and economic climate I would guess a reasonable expectation would be 12-13k based on my sale.
Not alot of people are in search for a v10... You just have to find the right buyer

·
Registered
350 Posts
And what year did you buy it? I don't think miles are bad. It's all about the past owner...
2014. Unless the previous owner is a celebrity I don’t think it will make a big diff. I am not trying to criticize your price, just trying to set some real life expectations if you are really wanting to sell the Treg. Best of luck in your endeavor.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi there Blownvette and others following this thread, it is very true that rarity is no guarantee of a good price when it comes to selling. With a rare car, it is a rare person who might be interested and earn even more rare person amongst them willing to make the $ commitment.

Anyway, what is it about the 2004 that makes them preferable? Is it the rear diff lock and non-DPF V10 or other aspects?

Pete

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
910 Posts
2014. Unless the previous owner is a celebrity I don’t think it will make a big diff. I am not trying to criticize your price, just trying to set some real life expectations if you are really wanting to sell the Treg. Best of luck in your endeavor.
I'm not the owner lol...

I think Celebrity owned status add no value. But 14 was 6 years ago. The market changes. These trucks are a dying breed. They break down and people can't fix them. The one's that are running are even more rare. There for the value goes up to the right owner...

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
910 Posts
Hi there Blownvette and others following this thread, it is very true that rarity is no guarantee of a good price when it comes to selling. With a rare car, it is a rare person who might be interested and earn even more rare person amongst them willing to make the $ commitment.

Anyway, what is it about the 2004 that makes them preferable? Is it the rear diff lock and non-DPF V10 or other aspects?

Pete
I think some people prefer the looks of the T1 vs the T2... I've never owned a T2 but it is a goal of mine...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Is this still for sale??

·
Registered
214 Posts
It is time to downsize again. I have for sale my 2008 V10 TDI. This is a super rare one just by being a V10 TDI from 08, but having the center/rear locker puts it in a sub category already, and then add the Adaptive Cruise Control is this is a rare beast.

If you're looking at this, I assume you are looking for a V10, and therefore don't need me to give you the usual breakdown of speed and torque along with the videos of it towing a 747. But I do ask for only serious inquiries only.

Also, there are some upgrades, like the under door VW logo lights, the weatherproof diamond stick floor mats, and the RNS510. Also on the exterior is an R50 Body kit.

It's currently in Boston, MA, and I am asking $21,000.
Did you trade it in or ran it through an Auction... ?? It's now listed on Ebay by some Stealership...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Did you trade it in or ran it through an Auction... ?? It's now listed on Ebay by some Stealership...

I went and checked out this V10 with the R50 Conversion kit todas as it's at a local used car dealer in Hollywood, FL abot 15mins from my place... This is Toufik's old and first R50 conversion project, and I gotta say whoever had it after him didn't treat it too good... Very rough idle at start, engine didn't sound very smooth and it has many many many cosmetic issues both inside and out. Most can be replaced and repaired and I guess considering it's a 12 year old truck already they're expected, but do wish it would've beem taken better care of.... They said someone had a deposit on it, so if it happens to be someone from here on the forum I'd suggest you do a full mechanical inspection before pulling the trigger... just my 2 cents..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts