Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '04 v6 treg that i just recently found out the back seats fold up so you can access the space underneath them...should the seat back fold all the way flat down or am i right in thinking that it doesn't seem to want to fold all the way...please help me cuz im movin and if i could flatten it out that would gimme a lot more room. If they don't fold flat can someone explain to me what the purpose is of the seat folding up? Thanks and I look forward to reading your replies

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
When you remove the headrests note the plastic groove on the top of the passenger and driver side seat backs. As you lower the seat back note the metal support strut on the underside of the folded seat bottom. If you pull the seat bottom slightly back the groove on the top of the seat back will fit into it and prevent the seat back from being pressed too far down. Missing that support could result in torn seat backs. I don't think I've described it well but good luck.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Oh and the release handles are on the seat backs on the top on the far left and right. Pull to. Release and push the seat back all the way back to lock.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have an '04 v6 treg that i just recently found out the back seats fold up so you can access the space underneath them...should the seat back fold all the way flat down or am i right in thinking that it doesn't seem to want to fold all the way...please help me cuz im movin and if i could flatten it out that would gimme a lot more room. If they don't fold flat can someone explain to me what the purpose is of the seat folding up? Thanks and I look forward to reading your replies
Also - lower the seat backs gently, drop them hard and the plastic rests on the top of the seat backs break. I bought my 2006 Touareg used and one of them was broken and other was in real bad shape. But they are easy to replace I got my replacements through 1stVWparts.com.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone else had issues with torn leather ?
My rear armrest got ripped badly when the plastic enclosure arount the center belt recepticle came apart!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not only did I have torn leather on my 2004 Treg, but the handle / pull lever on top of the seat back first split (I repaired it myself, as VW wanted to replace the whole mechanism at many $$$$). Now the whole handle came up and out as I tried to release the back to be able to put it down. So now there is no way to release the back to put it down. Anyone know what to do without going to VW repair and cough up more $$$$???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts