Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
So on my T2 2010 Tdi, with hid's.. I want to code it to make the fogs stay on with the high beams, but there isn't an option.. I hate how much more features a Treg has but how limited the coding options are compared to a base model Jetta.. .
I believe that this is specifically barred by US DOT regulations, which state that passenger vehicles can have no more than four front lights lit at a time.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I believe that in most places in the world having fog lights on in anything other than fog or similar poor visibility is illegal (and usually poorly enforced). John
Those aren't fog lights, officer, they are daytime running lights. :)

Now...rear fogs are a different story.

Many years ago, a local cop pulled me over, in a heavy rainstorm, to tell me that I had a problem with my taillights.

I told him that they are rear fog lights.

He said they shouldn't be on.

I said that the owner's manual states that I should switch them on in bad weather for better visibility.

He said "Not in my town."

I said "Yes sir" and switched them off.

After he drove away, I switched them back on. :)

Speaking of which, I just received my euro headlight switch and will be enabling my rear fog shortly. :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
People say you should never argue with cops
Eggsactly.

I started to argue with a cop...once...but then I reconsidered the first part of what he said...stopped midsentence....paused...said "thank you officer" and didn't say another word.

The first part of what he said was:

"If I weren't late for..."

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.