Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my T2 2010 Tdi, with hid's.. I want to code it to make the fogs stay on with the high beams, but there isn't an option.. I hate how much more features a Treg has but how limited the coding options are compared to a base model Jetta.. .

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Not a coding option that I have heard anybody doing. It is quite likely that it can be done, but I haven't heard of it. Yes, I agree, my Jetta has many more options, many of which are very handy.. VW mindset is something different.

Stuart..

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
That's about it....

Stuart...

·
Registered
734 Posts
So on my T2 2010 Tdi, with hid's.. I want to code it to make the fogs stay on with the high beams, but there isn't an option.. I hate how much more features a Treg has but how limited the coding options are compared to a base model Jetta.. .
I believe that this is specifically barred by US DOT regulations, which state that passenger vehicles can have no more than four front lights lit at a time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
hate to say but I have that done on my 2010.. but dont remember how I did it. I definitely got the coding from somewhere online.. search some more.

·
Registered
78 Posts
do you know what section it would be? I also have euro switch and rear fogs hooked up but I dont think that would make a difference

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
It can easily be done. Search on this site for coding.

I had this setup on my T1s, T2 and current T3.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I believe that in most places in the world having fog lights on in anything other than fog or similar poor visibility is illegal (and usually poorly enforced). John

1 - 20 of 28 Posts