Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to convert my halogen h11 fog lights to some HiD lights. Bought a kit and can bud cancellers and hoping it works.

but my question is.. has anyone installed more fog lights on the blank recesses? ( see pic)

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Grille

·
Registered
372 Posts
That recess is not blank, thats a radar sensor for your adaptive cruise control. You sure don’t want to mess with it because once you do, all your cruise control is gone. Along with front assist.

·
Registered
2015 TDI Exec R-Line
1,201 Posts
Ask yourself, why has no OEM equipped their fog lights with HIDs, even luxury brands?

HIDs don’t work well for fog light applications. Light is scattered too much and makes them useless in poor weather conditions.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Convert you existing fogs with LED equivalent bulbs. No need for a can bus cancellers (whatever they are).

HID is old technology LED isn't.

Use a decent brand like Osram or Phillips. I must admit I used a cheap set off ebay and they work very well but it could be a bit hit & miss.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That recess is not blank, thats a radar sensor for your adaptive cruise control. You sure don’t want to mess with it because once you do, all your cruise control is gone. Along with front assist.
Thank you for clearing that up

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Convert you existing fogs with LED equivalent bulbs. No need for a can bus cancellers (whatever they are).

HID is old technology LED isn't.

Use a decent brand like Osram or Phillips. I must admit I used a cheap set off ebay and they work very well but it could be a bit hit & miss.
Ok good call.
there are so many on the market. Think I’ll do a trial
Of a Philips Crystal Vision and an LED style.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,380 Posts
I have LED switch backs in my T1 They're brighter then my headlights lol. LED is the way to go.

This is how it's progressed over the years as far as I can tell From oldest to new
Halogen
HID
LED
Lazer

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. i have a vw touareg 2006 R5 sports, i am trying to replace the HID bulb on left side of the vehicle only to find the hex head release is broken any ideas how to release the head lamp unit, would be grateful for any ideas.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hello all. i have a vw touareg 2006 R5 sports, i am trying to replace the HID bulb on left side of the vehicle only to find the hex head release is broken any ideas how to release the head lamp unit, would be grateful for any ideas.
A picture speaks a thousand words.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Try this VVVV

1 - 12 of 12 Posts