Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some - Love them! Sounds great, feels a lot quicker and we're getting almost 3 MPG better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hows it sound? Make a youtube video if you can

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Nice! lets hear it at 6K rpm :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
man thats loud

·
My God,it's full of stars
5,765 Posts
Which ones did you get? I'm running FM50s as SIDOs on my D with long headers... real happy with them. How much did they set u back

siberian

·
Registered
335 Posts
I can't see where the mufflers are...Are they all the way back by the bumper?

Good Idea but MPG Increase seems un-realistic. Understand I'm a skeptic...

1) How are you arriving at this value, 3 MPG Increase?

2) Are you looking on your dash display, average MPG?

3) Are you using miles travelled devided by gallons of gas you consumed?

4) What is duration of your measurments? 5 miles, 50 miles 500 miles, ???

5) You have headers?

6) I'd love to get even 1 more MPG for exhaust upgrade, 3 sounds so wonderful = Too good to be true even...Maybe?

Thanks

·
5,765 Posts
I can only put some perspective on my set-up with the FM50s on my D.

I'm running the small block V8 5.9l or 360cui. My set up is M1 intake, 52mm TB, Shaker ram air system, PPH long headers, NGK plugs, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, Accel distributor, Magnecor coil and FM 50s SIDO, KVR carbon fiber pads with Brembo cross-drilled rotors, 3.96 Ultimate 12 rear end, MCI tranny cooler, FlowCool racing water pump etc...

At most if I were to really over 5 years compute the mpg, I would dare say that it would be around 1 extra mpg which is fully negated by lead footage. So yes, in terms of HP if coupled with cams, exhaust, headers, etc you will definitely get more hp, but by the same token, unless you dump 500+ pounds of weight I fail to see how you're going to gain that kind of mpg. The FMs by themselves will sound a damn sight better but...

Just my 2 cents.

siberian

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've been kicking around replacing the stock muffler and resonator.

Thanks for sharing the video. Considering Flowmaster, Magnaflow, and Aero Turbine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You were right - it was a mistake. Wife took it on a long trip to Reno. Improvement seems to be only between 1 and 2 mpg over the course of a few months. We used to sit around 14.6 and now we are consistently high 15, low 16. It's hilly and rural where we live, and no commuting. The wife said she got it up over 19 while on her trip though.

Any recommendations for headers? What can I hope to gain from them?

·
5,765 Posts
Depends, long or short headers? What do you want? Top end speed or acceleration? Long are for the latter, short are for the former.

siberian

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased a late 2005 Touareg V6 3.2 auto. Do you have any suggestions for a intakesystem and or exhaust.. Looked for stuff But cant find a single brand that makes them?????

·
Registered
74 Posts
chipped?

I swear on my life. My wife has a 2.8L VR6 in her GTI. she was getting 22 on adverage for one month going to school and back. I did the cold air intake, chip, exhaust and now she is getting 35! So i can see a 3 MPG gain

Depended at mileage too, high miles= plugged/inefficent back box and that kills too.

VWfam- I have a v6 and the only company that makes a cold air is nuespeed and they are the only ones making the exhaust too. one word that will save you tons of money - CUSTOM. I got my filter done by my self for less than 100. Exhaust is next.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just got some - Love them! Sounds great, feels a lot quicker and we're getting almost 3 MPG better.
where i live in ky i havent seen any polished stainless flowmasters. on my silverado i have 40series flowmasters and they sound pretty good. anyways, i looked at some magnaflow's that were polished and cat back muffs. for $169 for each thats install included. im really serious about getting some kind of sound out my treg so did you just replace the mufflers or what else did you do to make it sound like it does?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been wanting to get a meaner, more aggressive sound from my '05 V8. Any suggestions? We've only had it for a few months, but I'm wanting to put in some upgrades. Ideas would be greatly appreciated!

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
SGreen13 said:
I've been wanting to get a meaner, more aggressive sound from my '05 V8. Any suggestions? We've only had it for a few months, but I'm wanting to put in some upgrades. Ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Go with a Leistung single canister sport exhaust and you will be happy.

I chose the Super XL sport before the single canister was in production. Sounds very mean, and receive constant positive compliments, but DO NOT run this without secondary cats or secondary resonated pipes or the cops might raise a brow.

The single canister on the other hand from the feedback I have received is perfect, although I prefer the "look" of the XL setup.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Go with a Leistung single canister sport exhaust and you will be happy.

I chose the Super XL sport before the single canister was in production. Sounds very mean, and receive constant positive compliments, but DO NOT run this without secondary cats or secondary resonated pipes or the cops might raise a brow.

The single canister on the other hand from the feedback I have received is perfect, although I prefer the "look" of the XL setup.
Awesome!! Thank you very much!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts