Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

I have a big problem with the air suspension on my2004 v6 touareg.
It stays flat on the ground and the pump dont start, i have the nice well known Message on the display. The pump runs if i bypass the relay. Do i have to clear the error messages to make the pump start or do i have some other problems? :(

· Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
You need to find out what went bad and fix it so it works correctly. Need to have it scanned.

Reactions: Knicken

· Registered
3,795 Posts
Ok so ITs possible that the onboard computer shuts down the compressor completely
Absolutely!, The "Onboard" computer otherwise known as the CANBUS system runs everything. Hence the need to run a scan with VAS or VCDS. Without that information, your only other option is to manually chase every power and air fitting, and that still may not give you a result. If you can get the compressor to run by bypassing the control relay check the condition of the relay and the fuse that supply it.

I am away from home, otherwise I could have sent you the wiring diagram. Maybe some kind soul can help out with an extract from ElsaWin. Stuart....

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Someone WHO knows if there is more fuses then the ones marked with the suspension symbols in the fuse box that is related to the airsuspension. And is there only one fuse under the driverseat or have i missed any fuses?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bypassed the relay again and the pump quickly build preassure, i checked on the air outlet under the passenger seat and it was preassure in it. Why doesnt the pump start by itself without bypassing the relay. The errorcodes was permanent and i could not erase them with the diagnostics tool. Can you erase permanent codes with VAG com.? Is it Because of the codes the pump dont start? When i ran the pump bypassed it seemed like something was stoppning the air from getting to the air tank.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.