Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm having a bad day. I have a 2011 VW Touareg VR6 3.6L and here's what's going on. I was driving on the freeway and all of the sudden my check engine light started flashing and my EPC light came on. The engine started shuddering, loss of power, and I'm pretty certain it's in limp mode. Fortunately I was only a couple of miles from home and was able to make it there safely. I took it to a shop a mile away this morning and he put the code reader on it. He told me that both of his code readers were "locked out" and that I would need to take it to a dealership. I've never heard of a code reader being "locked out".

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. My first instinct is to clean out the throttle body and to change the spark plugs and ignition coils.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Unless you know of a indy that knows these cars you will have a tough time getting to the bottom of this problem. I understand many owners don't like dealers,but they know these cars better than most and can run a proper scan.
Each year that goes by since VW stopped selling TREGs in NA the ability to get things fix will increase even at dealers unfortunately. Good luck,and check out your dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts