Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening Everyone,

I just purchased my first ever VW, first modern SUV, first luxury car, and first Touareg! It's a 2009 3.0L TDI Highline, w/o Navi. Got it for USD$8100 @ 91,000 km (56000 miles), so I'm pretty stoked. Should be covered by the extended emissions warranty until the end of 2023 or 168,000 (104,000 miles). It has a few faults:

Code:
008871 - NOx Sensor 2 Bank 1; Heating Circuit
    P22A7 - 000 - Implausible Signal - MIL ON

008705 - NOx Sensor 1 Bank 1
    P2201 - 004 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

001025 - EGR System
    P0401 - 000 - Insufficient Flow - Intermittent

009231 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation System
    P240F - 000 - Response too Slow - Intermittent

008862 - NOx Sensor 2 Bank 1
    P229E - 001 - Electrical Malfunction - Intermittent
Plus a leak in the exhaust flex pipe that I can see visually.

Dealer is submitting a warranty claim for over USD$7500 to replace a bunch of NOx sensors, the DPF, and the flex pipe. I hope this goes well!

Thanks,

A.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow, sounds like the diesel gate extended warranty is definitely going to work in your favor! Hopefully you got a great price with repairs needed that will all be covered by warranty.
I recently purchased a 2012 Touareg Sport 3.0 TDI with 91k miles for $12,995USD. The recall warranty definitely peaked my interest to pull the trigger. I love the car! It's also my first VW and TDI.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next on the warranty repair list is the reductant heater unit and possibly some other parts. Supposed to have all the parts and the vehicle back on the road by the 31st.

Meanwhile, I’m driving a 2019 Jetta Alltrack, which is not even in the same ballpark as the Touareg, despite being a decade newer.

A.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Next on the warranty repair list is the reductant heater unit and possibly some other parts. Supposed to have all the parts and the vehicle back on the road by the 31st.

Meanwhile, I’m driving a 2019 Jetta Alltrack, which is not even in the same ballpark as the Touareg, despite being a decade newer.

A.
A free rental car is definitely another nice perk of warrantied repairs. A Jetta is no Touareg, but it's nice to hear that even after a decade the TReg is still impressing you!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:

Replacing the reductant tank heater did not correct the issue, so the dealer tried to replace the NOx sensor but damaged the threads and was forced to replace the SCR. At this point the SCR, EGR, DPF, and a bunch of sensors have been replaced but the computer still won’t agree that there is AdBlue available. So they continue to work on it… (All under he extended warranty.)

Craziness.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Update:

Replacing the reductant tank heater did not correct the issue, so the dealer tried to replace the NOx sensor but damaged the threads and was forced to replace the SCR. At this point the SCR, EGR, DPF, and a bunch of sensors have been replaced but the computer still won’t agree that there is AdBlue available. So they continue to work on it… (All under he extended warranty.)

Craziness.
There is a dealer service bulletin somewhere regarding this issue....aimed at 2009 MY Touaregs.....you might want to do a google search since your dealer seems incapable and just likes to throw parts at the problem.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a dealer service bulletin somewhere regarding this issue....aimed at 2009 MY Touaregs.....you might want to do a google search since your dealer seems incapable and just likes to throw parts at the problem.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
I found 2041110, about SCR electronics contaminated with urea, which says to replace the SCR. But the SCR has been replaced already, so…

Is there another one?

A.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got the truck back from the dealer with all work completed under warranty, zero charge. They replaced a crapload of stuff. I have the complete list of part numbers to peruse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts