Club Touareg Forum banner

first time VW owner next week!

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  r259 
#1 ·
Hello all. I landed on a CPO 2011 V6 Lux today and picking it up next week. I've been looking for a few weeks; lost out on what appeared to be a nice 2008 but it was meant to be. I was debating between a 2010 CPO with 10,000 fewer miles but if my research is correct the 2011 is lighter, has two extra gears and the 2011 interior updates also appealed to me. My daughter bought a `07 Jetta last year and has been very happy with it so I am hoping for the same experience. The CPO is certainly comforting.

So in order to gain admission into the cool-club, I need to know.......Treg.....is it pronounced T-Reg (as in T-Rex) or Treg (as in, well, Treg). :confused:

Thanks!

#6 ·
So in order to gain admission into the cool-club, I need to know.......Treg.....is it pronounced T-Reg (as in T-Rex) or Treg (as in, well, Treg). :confused:

Thanks!
Neither.

Touareg is pronounced Twaah-reg - as in a long A and a hard G.

#8 ·
offroadAmarok;.. A Volkswagen tow-rig :)[/QUOTE said:
I vaguely remember a commercial when the Touareg was initially being introduced where the actors were pronouncing it all different ways......tow-rig reminds me of one of the actors blurting toe-rag! Clever commercial. And it worked! It got me here.....12 years later. :mrgreen:

#9 ·
Picked it up today from Mitchell VW in CT and drove it home 180 miles. Great drive back and very pleased with the truck. Nice experience as well with the dealer. Props to my sales guy Mike, GM Aaron and business office guy Shane who made the purchase very smooth. I think I got the best T3 for the buck in New England.

#16 ·
It received an interior detail and bath today; a clay and wax some other weekend. The stock wheels will be wrapped in winter rubber next winter and the plan is the score a set of 20" Sport Techno's from the sister company for summer rubber. I am enjoying this truck. Much more than I expected!

#18 ·
It received an interior detail and bath today; a clay and wax some other weekend. The stock wheels will be wrapped in winter rubber next winter and the plan is the score a set of 20" Sport Techno's from the sister company for summer rubber. I am enjoying this truck. Much more than I expected!
Congrats, nice looking truck.

There's a set of 19" wheels in the classifieds, not too far from you... (another trip to CT?)

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f47/set-of-4-19-wheels-for-sale-231489.html

#20 ·
Thank you PL. I was pretty much open to color as beggars can't be choosy; Silver or Gray were my two preferred choices. I got lucky!

Congrats, nice looking truck.

There's a set of 19" wheels in the classifieds, not too far from you... (another trip to CT?)

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f47/set-of-4-19-wheels-for-sale-231489.html
Thanks for the heads up LML.....I'm going to use the 19's for winter but I like the 20" wheels for summer rubber. There is a set of dark gray Sport Techno's on eBay but no room in the budget right now!

Welcome to the Silver Family!
Ha! Happy to be part of the Silver Family!

#19 ·
Welcome to the Silver Family!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.