Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased most amazing truck ever 2 months ago after searching for months. 2010 Touareg V6 TDI. Drove a passat into the ground 295,000 miles later and drove it today.

Anyways the Touareg already has a check engine light on. P20E9. No Worries as its still an amazing vehicle and hopefully I'll get it figured out in a few weeks.

2010 V6 TDI, Air, Hitch, Prem Tech. --- coolest car ever!! the headlights turn!

·
Registered
499 Posts
P20E9 is reductant (adblue) pressure too high. From what I found searching google it appears to be the adblue pump on top of the heater that is taking a crap. I just changed mine out a couple months ago for pressure too low and leaking, it took around 3 hours to do it on the floor in the garage.

Here is a thread that talks about the code you have.
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f93/adblue-blues-2009-tdi-48kmi-126290.html

Reactions: TDIEGG

·
Registered
737 Posts
Just purchased most amazing truck ever 2 months ago after searching for months. 2010 Touareg V6 TDI. Drove a passat into the ground 295,000 miles later and drove it today.

Anyways the Touareg already has a check engine light on. P20E9. No Worries as its still an amazing vehicle and hopefully I'll get it figured out in a few weeks.

2010 V6 TDI, Air, Hitch, Prem Tech. --- coolest car ever!! the headlights turn!
Hmm. Black car? Purchased in northern New Jersey in early December?

·
Registered
848 Posts
P20E9 is reductant (adblue) pressure too high. From what I found searching google it appears to be the adblue pump on top of the heater that is taking a crap. I just changed mine out a couple months ago for pressure too low and leaking, it took around 3 hours to do it on the floor in the garage.

Here is a thread that talks about the code you have.
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f93/adblue-blues-2009-tdi-48kmi-126290.html
If the pump is bad, how can pressure be too high? I believe the system comes up with pressure too high when NOx is not within range (which is very sensitive for either under or over dosage of urea).

·
Registered
499 Posts
If the pump is bad, how can pressure be too high? I believe the system comes up with pressure too high when NOx is not within range (which is very sensitive for either under or over dosage of urea).
The P20E8 (reductant too low) and P20E9 (reductant too high) are simply codes that are triggered by sensors in the pump if the pressure falls outside a specified window.

Here is another thread for the same fault code on a q7. The culprit was the pump again.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6916438-2011-Audi-q7-tdi-adblue-problem

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
check engine light decided to go off after throwing multiple codes. p20e9,p20e8, I finally decided to stop erasing the code and it the CEL went off after two days. Hopefully it will stay off long enough to pass emissions.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Here is the part number I purchased to repair mine when I had the P20E8 code this summer. I got mine off of eBay for around $370 and it took me about 3 hours to do on the floor.

PN: 561198969

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, I can't wait any longer. It looks like the part listed above sits on top of the pump? So I would just need to drop the Urea tank and swap out the module? I saw the part listed on eBay but its listed for 2011-2013 but I'm sure I can find one for the 2010 assuming the part number is the same.

·
Registered
499 Posts
well, I can't wait any longer. It looks like the part listed above sits on top of the pump? So I would just need to drop the Urea tank and swap out the module? I saw the part listed on eBay but its listed for 2011-2013 but I'm sure I can find one for the 2010 assuming the part number is the same.

The part I listed is the revised pump that sits on top of the adblue tank and heater element. Just call the dealer and verify the part number for the new pump. There's a thread on here from a heater replacement on a 2010 v6 tdi that I followed on my 2012 and the procedure was exactly the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.