Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
I don't think so

Joe Buck said:
Thanks for info . One more question how about cargo neting like shown in manual
I don't think that is standard either. I think Tahoe must have had a nicer dealer.

· Registered
94 Posts
The folks at tregcentral.com carry both the floor net and both side nets. The side nets require drilling holes in the side panels.
Even my V-10 didn't come with any nets. Someone at VW needs to wake up and study how other high end car makers treat their high end customers.

· Registered
114 Posts
Chip,

Does your V-10 have 4 zone air? If so, maybe you can help me before I poke some holes in mine where I shouldn't to put in nets. On the left side as your standing at the rear, the installation diagram shows the net mounts to the forward position on the left wall right behind the seat back. In mine with 4 zone, that is a air duct or something because that area bulges out and the net won't fit there. I intend to move it's location farther towards the rear which puts it right over the return air duct that's down low on that panel. If I put screws into that area above the air return do you know if I will hit anything other than plastic duct or nothing at all? :-s

· Registered
94 Posts
Dusty,
I don't know what's behind that panel. I do have the 4-zone. I've been meaning to pull off that panel and see what's there (in hopes of finding enough space for a small subwoofer), but I've not been able to. I recently had back surgery and am not recovering nearly as soon as I would like. All I've done to mine is add the covered dash bin, an AUX input line for my iPod and (had the dealer) install a front bumper bar.
I haven't even been able to wash it yet, much less put some good wax on it.
Basically, I would never try to blindly drive a screw in the T anywhere. There is just too much stuff jammed in it. I'd try to pull the panel off and see what's there to be safe.
Chip

· Registered
104 Posts
Plenty of room behind the panel. It is just a blower motor back there. If you look closely in pics of the left cargo net, it is mounted on a 4-zone vehicle. You are correct in your choice of mounting locations (above the intake).

· Registered
33 Posts
Can anyone in Australia let me know if they get the safety triangle and first aid kit in their Touareg?

I bought a lightly used ex-demo V8 and it was not there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.