Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my observation so far.

Bought it the last day of Nov for my wife (early Xmas Present). Was a little irritated that I paid sticker, but I wanted THIS car (V8, PPlus, right color, right now, etc etc) and it was the only one like this I could put my hands on without waiting.

Let me say this up front - the car has been nearly flawless. If you're waiting for me to add to the "bashing" party it's not going to happen. Not to say that there haven't been some genuine issues on the part of my fellow owners.

The delivery was very smooth with the only flaw being that the little "handle" on top of the right rear sun shade (hat's used to pull it up to hook it) had been broken off (at port, or at the dealer, or somewhere) and then glued back on. It takes a fair amount of pressure and the glue broke the first time I pulled it up. I might add here that we took delivery within 3 days of the vehicle arriving from port. The dealer ordered a new shade and we'll have it installed this week.

Since delivery, I've had only one issue - the air suspension "sags" when the car is parked for a period of time (overnight). The problem is only in the back and is worse on the right side than the left. I have posted some questions of other air suspension owners about this and haven't gotten any serious feedback as to whether mine is unique (or broken). I've had it in to the dealer and they searched for "overt" leaks at the fittings with no results. They are supposedly pulsing VWOA tech reps, but no info has come back to say whether this is a failure or not, or how to fix it. Since it works as advertised when I drive it, I won't let them tear into it until they have a tech solution.

The car is a pleasure to drive. We just took at 1000 mile weekend trip to Mich and back to visit my Brother and it was great on the highway. The morning we left the temp display said -6 degrees but the Treg fired right up and ran great. There has been no oil use or any funny noises or dead batteries. (knock on wood!)

The Nav system works great. And since most of the "bitches" about the system are with the software, that will only get better when they issue the next software update. Would rather that it be a "dvd" system, but that doesn't cause me much distress.

All in all, this is a great vehicle, the best I've ever had. It is everything I had hoped it would be and more. Cant wait for the weather to warm up so I can drive with the sunroof open!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Awesome review! Glad your TReg has been so wonderful - Mine has been the same. :joy:

Keep us updated on the air suspension sagging issue.

Also, you might want to edit your post and fix the title - I think you meant 3000 miles ;-) ... or I can do it for ya if you want :hug:

Keep on TReg'in! :dance:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Handle on my sun screen was also broken off

Just took delivery of my Treg this week. The handle on my left rear sun screen was broken off also but nobody tried to glue it back on!! Doesn't look easy to break, don't know how they managed it. The dealer is ordering a new one though I'm not completely pleased at having to have the door disassembled on a new car. I guess I'll just have to see how long it take them to get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.