Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all! Took delivery of my 2010 Lux Limited TDI in Alaska Grey Metallic at the end of October. Man, I could not be more stoked! Its condition belies its ~92k miles (which I have since rolled on up to 94k.

Since the vehicle arrived, I've been busy taking care of some "opportunities" that came with the car. ;-) Replaced the hood struts, bought the drop-down holder for the owners manual off of eBay, swapped out the original fog lamp bulbs for Hella XP Yellow, and - just today - had my new Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires mounted on original 17" Touareg wheels (bought brand new from eBay).

Here are a few pics of the Treg: on delivery day, coated with ice from a recent storm, showing off the new shoes and a close-up showing the approximate 1" larger diameter of the 245/75-R70 Wildpeaks compared to the 20" Pirelli all seasons.

Can't express how happy I am with this vehicle. I have a long commute to and from work, and it has become much less onerous riding in this beast!

Looking forward to picking your collective brains as I become more acquainted with the features - and quirks - of this luxurious, go anywhere, versatile vehicle.

Cheers!
IMG_20191025_135558013_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191217_152529630.jpg
IMG_20191226_123951624_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191226_133453796.jpg

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hello, all! Took delivery of my 2010 Lux Limited TDI in Alaska Grey Metallic at the end of October. Man, I could not be more stoked! Its condition belies its ~92k miles (which I have since rolled on up to 94k.

Since the vehicle arrived, I've been busy taking care of some "opportunities" that came with the car. ;-) Replaced the hood struts, bought the drop-down holder for the owners manual off of eBay, swapped out the original fog lamp bulbs for Hella XP Yellow, and - just today - had my new Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires mounted on original 17" Touareg wheels (bought brand new from eBay).

Here are a few pics of the Treg: on delivery day, coated with ice from a recent storm, showing off the new shoes and a close-up showing the approximate 1" larger diameter of the 245/75-R70 Wildpeaks compared to the 20" Pirelli all seasons.

Can't express how happy I am with this vehicle. I have a long commute to and from work, and it has become much less onerous riding in this beast!

Looking forward to picking your collective brains as I become more acquainted with the features - and quirks - of this luxurious, go anywhere, versatile vehicle.

Cheers!
View attachment 234528 View attachment 234529 View attachment 234530 View attachment 234531
TDI Looks awesome, yes please more pics, I like the Stratocaster too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TDI Looks awesome, yes please more pics, I like the Stratocaster too!
Hey, mtnride, will get more pics posted soon.

The Strat in the photo is a Squier "Standard" that I grabbed used from Guitar Center for $120. I have an "extra" pickguard from another Strat that I bought (it's an illness, all this guitar buying!) that I am going to drop into this guitar for hacking around. I have a USA Standard and an American Special that are my #1 and #1 (love them both equally, kind of like the way we love our kids), plus a SWEET Gibson SG "Special" HP that I'm hot rodding... I think I have more invested in guitars and associated electronics than I do in the Treg!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice looking T'reg. How long is your commute? It will be fun to see how your fuel usage changes with winter versus summer fuel.
Hey, Mike, I do about 37 miles each way. I've been averaging right around 25 mpg with the stock 20" Pirellis in a mix of highway and secondary road driving. I'm expecting a slight decline with the more aggressive Falkens, but I have already begun to appreciate the more compliant ride from the 17" tires. A worthy trade off given our unpredictable winter road conditions.

I'll need to re-calibrate the speedometer for the slightly larger diameter - will need to search this site to find out how (I'm assuming access to a VAG-COM will be required). For now, I'll just compare the revs-per-mile between the two based on the manufacturers' published specs.

I went with off-road tires rather than dedicated snows so that I can let the Treg run wild as its makers intended. My brother has a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited so we'll be hitting the beach on Cape Cod as well as checking out some mountain trails here in New England. I'm really looking forward to it! Haven't had a "real" off road-capable vehicle since my ex "made me" sell my beloved 1990 Toyota 4Runner. That thing was a BEAST!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hey, mtnride, will get more pics posted soon.

The Strat in the photo is a Squier "Standard" that I grabbed used from Guitar Center for $120. I have an "extra" pickguard from another Strat that I bought (it's an illness, all this guitar buying!) that I am going to drop into this guitar for hacking around. I have a USA Standard and an American Special that are my #1 and #1 (love them both equally, kind of like the way we love our kids), plus a SWEET Gibson SG "Special" HP that I'm hot rodding... I think I have more invested in guitars and associated electronics than I do in the Treg!
Sounds like we have a lot in common.
Left to right Fender American fat Strat, Fender Mex Tele,DeArmond Guild Starfire semi-hollow, upper-$50 modified Jay Turner tele and Peavey T-27, lower 2 St Blues Tele’s 1 black and 1 gold top and Mitchell acoustic/electric. Not shown 2 basses 1 Yamaha and a 1974 Gibson Ripper project.
IMG_1879.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like we have a lot in common.
Left to right Fender American fat Strat, Fender Mex Tele,DeArmond Guild Starfire semi-hollow, upper-$50 modified Jay Turner tele and Peavey T-27, lower 2 St Blues Tele’s 1 black and 1 gold top and Mitchell acoustic/electric. Not shown 2 basses 1 Yamaha and a 1974 Gibson Ripper project. View attachment 234534

Sweet collection! Once I get moved into my new place, I'll need to take a "family photo" of my gear. It never occurred to me to do so! So cool that you have a Peavey T-27...I had a T-60 when they first came out (giving away my advanced age). Never should have sold it!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Not to worry, I'm a little on the advanced side too but still ski fast, rip around on my KLR650 and play that old time rock n roll with the boys ( also advanced )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Age is just a number. Of course, the guy I see in the mirror has a lot less hair and a few more pounds on him than the one I see in my mind's eye! :LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I can relate, I try to avoid the mirror

1 - 10 of 10 Posts