Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this forum a while back and have been keeping an eye out for a used Touareg on and off for a while now. Just recently I got bored with my Grand Cherokee and renewed my Touareg search in earnest. As I shopped, I expanded my scope to include Audi Q7's and Porsche Cayenne's as well.

Today I picked up an 08 Porsche Cayenne V6 tiptronic. Yes, I know it's specifically not a VW Touareg, but it technically is for practical purposes.

There are a few details the dealer is tending to then I will be picking it up this Friday.

Please be kind to this red-headed step-child Cayenne driver hanging around this Touareg forum. It's a nice forum with some good people and some great info. A good deal of it applicable to my ride.

Pix and stats in this link... Auto Boutique Chicago - 2008 PORSCHE CAYENNE

Am much excite! I can't wait till Friday.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Steve in Windy City and congrats on the Cayenne. The folks at Rennlist are OK too and I suspect they may be helpful as well. I have a Carrera and briefly thought about a Cayenne at one point but there was something about the Touareg I couldn't resist! Funny however I am considering the pedal set from a Cayenne since they are brushed aluminum vs. stainless steel for the VW part. Have fun with that spicy German.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Welcome, neighbor. You're a close cousin to us Treggers.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Many parts are interchangeable, but not sure about the doors! I just think its funny that all the Treg's are purchased at dealerships, and you Porsche was purchased at a boutique. How fancy!!!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I recall seeing somewhere that the doors are about the only body part that interchanges, aside from possibly the floorpan or subframe assemblies. <shrug>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts