Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I recently had an issue where the fan/blower motor stopped blowing. Regardless if I have the thermostat set to 72 or 84, nothing blows out. I just ran a VCDS scan and saw the following:

1 Fault Found:
0204 - Control Module for Air Blower
B10BB 16 [008] - Voltage Too Low
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 172
Reset counter: 197
Mileage: 115112 km
Date: 2016.02.17
Time: 17:05:37

Would you lean more towards replacing the resistor or the whole blower/fan? Not real sure where to go from here.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking for possible part numbers/location for the blower motor resistor. Anybody have any ideas as to where the resistor is located?

·
Registered
1 Posts
NissujNella - I am having a similar problem on my 2013 TDI. When I start the engine, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I can leave the temp at 60 and sometimes the fan will come on. I have checked for a noisy fan and it is perfectly quiet, even on Hi.

Did you end up replacing the resistor?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NissujNella - I am having a similar problem on my 2013 TDI. When I start the engine, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I can leave the temp at 60 and sometimes the fan will come on. I have checked for a noisy fan and it is perfectly quiet, even on Hi.

Did you end up replacing the resistor?
Hey John...actually, with the 2012, there isn't a separate blower motor and resistor, it's all combined. Ordered a new blower motor online and replaced it. PITA to get the motor in. It's like there's just enough space for the motor to fit and that's it. Didn't take long to swap out though...half hour or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my 2013 Treg, I found that if you pry off the fuse cover on the passenger side of the dash and then remove the glove box, it's much easier to replace the fan motor. The extra 5 minutes spent removing those items will be worthwhile.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Not having much luck on fuse diagram either. Is it just safe to say its blower motor and resistor combined just toss one in?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts