Club Touareg Forum banner

Fatal Off-roading

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  noobytoogy 
#1 ·
This accident happened yesterday in the mountains near neighbouring town. The example how not to off-road. The driver is fighting for his life in hospital and his co-driver reported dead at time of accident. Any ideas what could go wrong there?

#2 ·
****t - that's bad.

#3 ·
Looks like the brakes gave out but I doubt it? Its super sudden, could be that the transmission gave out; I say that because he stopped @49, looked like he gave it more gas and the car instantly stopped, switched into reverse and freely started rolling backwards.

#7 ·
It appears to be a Suzuki of some sort. I'm guessing if was manual and the driver either stalled the engine or broke something in the drive train. With the tire as large as they are and Suzuki being a (most likely) lightly built vehicle the transfer case, axles, or transmission probably were damaged. It looks like the driver tried to apply the brakes but the vehicle was bouncing too much to slow down at all.

It is a shame.

Was a roll cage installed (it is difficult for me to tell).

#8 ·
I think he went for another gear change on a manual transmission, missed the gear, got neutral and the rest is history.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.