Club Touareg Forum banner

Fancy Keyless Entry

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  roalco 
#1 ·
So still deciding on the purchase of a new/ish touareg but am faced with a dilemma. First world I know but I do a fair bit surfing and stash my key on the car when I am at the beach. Don't really like to put key in a towel and take it down to the sand. So wondering if there is a way around the whole keyless entry thing with the 1.5m or whatever proximity range. I know you can pull the little key out and use that but if the fob is stashed on the car anyone can open it.

Any ideas short of making a lead box wrapped in asbestos wrapped in unobtainium?

#2 ·
I've never read about anyone wanting to or being able to turn the keyless entry feature off or on. Send a PM to moderator Spockcat and ask him since he sells kits to put the feature on if your car doesn't have it.

#3 ·
Similarly i do fair bit of kayaking and dont like to take the key with me.
I have a secure lock that can store the key inside and can be locked to the underside of the touareg.
I have tried opening the doors but it is far enough from the sensors/doors so vehicle cannot be unlocked.
Simple.

#4 ·
#5 ·
#7 ·
KESSY has both active and passive fob recognition, so removing just the battery won't work. You have to shield it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.