Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have 2004 Touareg. I recently started having an issue when I turn the heat on. If I put the heat all the way up (all the bars are lit) the fan speed remains constant. If I select a fan speed of anything less the fan speed is erratic. It starts to blow high and low and becomes annoying. The only way to solve this is to turn it all the way up and it gets really hot fast. Yesterday I noticed that the fan eventually stopped blowing and I thought it was done but I turned it off and on and it worked again. I am assuming something is on the way out. I also heard a slight/feint humming noise when the fan stopped blowing. Has anyone had this problem? Any have any suggestions?

I recently had some body work done on my touareg and I noticed that this started afterwards. I am not sure if they did something during the work. I had some front end damage and they changed my lights and the sensor harness. Could they have messed something up? I am leaning towards this just being a wear and tear problem since I have an '04.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

If you have any questions please let me know. I tried to explain it as best I could. :wave:

I have been reading some other threads and I want some additional input before I pull the trigger on some parts.

JC

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.