Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
For some reason when I bought my treg, there were some parts missing that I didn't know about (bought it without seeing it). 2005 V8 with factory Nav/Stereo/CD Changer.

It was missing the two antenna boosters that go inside the top of the rear hatch, and the two antenna cables that connect them to god knows where. Looks like they are shielded RF type connectors. I've purchased and installed the two boosters, however I'm still lacking the cables/connectors. I've been to two dealerships, who have both been talking to VW north america, and no one know's what these cables are, or where they go.

I did get part numbers for the connectors on the cables, but not for the cables themselves. The part numbers I have are 000098691 for the female connector (looks like this would plug into the booster), and 000098701 for the male connector (looks like this would be the other end of the cable that plugs in god knows where - maybe the boosters in the rear quarter panels?). I'll try to post pictures of the boosters and where the cables are missing, and pics of the connectors that I need.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that could help point me in the right direction. I'm looking to maybe just order the connectors, and make up the cable myself. I bought this truck in January, and have been trying to chase this problem since day 1 with no luck. I've basically had no radio reception whatsoever. It wouldn't be a huge deal since I have an iPod, but there's the ever present static coming through the speakers, and it's driving me nuts. Please Help!

thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictures of the Boosters and Connectors

Here are some pictures of the antenna boosters, and the connectors where the missing cable would connect. I'm looking for a way to obtain these missing cables, and a wiring diagram to show me where they are supposed to go. VW, and two dealers have been absolutely no help on this so far......

I have absolutely no idea why the previous owner would ever remove the boosters and cables. Regardless the cables are missing. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wireing

I think these connector go to the nav antna that mounted on the roof. Not sure. But it look like the cable go's through that slot heading to the roof. Just my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts