Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had two sensors and a reductank heater control module go bad on my '13 Touareg TDI only 7 days after my warranty expired. I was told it would cost me more than 2K but they were able to get VW to cover it.
This has got me thinking I should have gotten an extended warranty.
Can you guys recommend an extended warranty or where to find them?
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just bought one for my new 2016 Lux. Got it from the VW dealer where I bought the vehicle. Platinum plan with $100 deductable, 7yr/100K miles. Cost me $2200. They started at $2900. I shopped around and they came down to the $2200. One other dealer offered it at $2100 but I decided to stay local.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just read through my VW Canada Protection Plus extended warranty (10 years and 120k kms) and under exclusions, it clearly states that exhaust and emissions systems are not covered-- they're deemed to be maintenance items. I assume anything AdBlue related would fall under this and not be covered. Curious to learn that there's an issue with the AdBlue system and not looking forward to the battle I will have to go through with VW if something goes wrong with the "emissions system". Also disappointed to learn the system is fragile.

·
Registered
848 Posts
GEICO Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. Under $10/month, coverage for 100k miles. $250 deductible. Covers EVERYTHING other than brakes, belts, tires and fluids.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Yes, I got that! I was looking at warmwisco's car already being three years old.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I will have to call my inservice date is like 6 weeks ago, bought a 014 loaner Treg off the lot never titled. Good timing I know but still happy really fun suv to drive my buddies agree.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just a heads up on the Volkswagen extended warranty. I am in the process of purchasing a 2016; I was quoted about $2300 for the 100k Plantinum VW warranty. I searched for NOx sensors, urea tanks, urea injectors, and heaters. I cannot find them anywhere as covered items. I did note that even on their best warranty program, certain things are excluded like wipers, clutches, bulbs, and exhaust systems. I wondered if by chance the exhaust system would include all of the Adblue stuff.

After a day of checking, my dealer came back with the answer that none of the Adblue system is covered by any of the "Volkswagen Drive Easy" extended warranty offerings, including the "Platinum" one. At 36,000 miles, I am on my own here. Others may have had luck with coverage and/or goodwill warranty, but consider getting confirmation of Adblue coverage in writing if that's what you think you are paying for.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
. I did note that even on their best warranty program, certain things are excluded like wipers, clutches, bulbs, and exhaust systems. I.
Warranties don't normally cover consumables like those.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts