Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon if this has been answered before (I could not find the answer).

I have a 2010 TDI and a Platinum Drive Easy extended warranty.

On my last 2 visits to my local dealer, I was charged for diagnostic time AFTER a problem was found and repaired under the warranty. I initially authorized the diagnostic time as I understand that if they cannot find a problem, the time will not be covered under the warranty. That said, if they do find the problem I am confused as to why this is not covered under the repair. I seem to have to pay for an extra hour of labor for each repair. Is this common practice or am I getting ripped off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Sounds like a rip-off to me too.

·
Registered
337 Posts
That doesn't sound right. I had the extended Audi warranty and all I ever paid was my $50 copayment/fee after repair. But never paid for diagnostic under warranty, maybe VW is really greedy but it just doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Dealer is greedy.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Pardon if this has been answered before (I could not find the answer).

I have a 2010 TDI and a Platinum Drive Easy extended warranty.

On my last 2 visits to my local dealer, I was charged for diagnostic time AFTER a problem was found and repaired under the warranty. I initially authorized the diagnostic time as I understand that if they cannot find a problem, the time will not be covered under the warranty. That said, if they do find the problem I am confused as to why this is not covered under the repair. I seem to have to pay for an extra hour of labor for each repair. Is this common practice or am I getting ripped off?

Thanks!
its a rip off , i see that you are in NYC , where do you service your Vehicle ?
please don't tell me at Koeppel !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bayside - I've had mixed results. I used to use Platinum out in Hicksville but its a hike (they are great!). I will not go near Koeppel. Pilot - where do you go? The dealer experience is pushing me toward never owning another VW.

I called Fidelity who explained that if a repair is covered by the warranty - they do pay for diagnostic time so there is a bit of a disconnect here. I hope its just a misunderstanding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts