Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY10 with just under 60k on the clock. It has air suspension, nav, and all the toys - and it's a TDI - so there's always the looming concern about HPFP issues.

Anyhow, VW offers a warranty via Fidelity. There are five tiers - powertrain, silver, gold, gold + and platinum.

From looking at it, it seems like the Gold + is the place to be, the platinum is just more expensive. Gold + covers the tranny, fuel system, air suspension, and the entire drivetrain. The only part that's unknown is the AdBlue system (waiting on an answer).

Drove about 12k last year, haven't had a chance to look at '12 and '13 milage to see what trends are like.

Cost breakdown:

Click here to view the PDF brochure with all the fine print and details.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
If you plan to keep the vehicle, get the Platinum warranty. I think it's an "exclusionary" warranty in the sense that instead of listing what IS covered, it lists what ISN'T covered. Anything not specifically excluded is included.

Think about the cost of replacing one of the dozens of electronic modules located all over the car. Seriously, the expense of failed electronics scares me as much as something mechanical like HPFP.

Have you talked to Chris Farnham? You should get a quote from him.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Definitely go through Chris as the above poster mentioned, he'll get you a great deal and he's a pleasure to deal with.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Talk to Chris.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Another endorsement for Chris. I got a Platinum 6yr/72k, $100 Deductible for my '10 V6TDI w/Air and just under 45k miles last fall from Chris for about $ 3k.

And as the above poster said the Platinum is the way to go. I have had them on my '04 V8, and '06 V10 TDI, and they both paid off. Lots of electronic control modules in these high tech vehicles.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone!

Another endorsement for Chris. I got a Platinum 6yr/72k, $100 Deductible for my '10 V6TDI w/Air and just under 45k miles last fall from Chris for about $ 3k.

And as the above poster said the Platinum is the way to go. I have had them on my '04 V8, and '06 V10 TDI, and they both paid off. Lots of electronic control modules in these high tech vehicles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts