Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a loaded 2010 V6 TDI. Truck was CPOed at 70K, now at 119K it's being sold by a high line used car dealer.

The dealer sells ProGuard extended warranties. Does anyone have experience with ProGuard? It looks like with the mileage I will get a basic mechanical coverage, not comprehensive (no interior electronics, no air suspension coverage, etc.) Not quite what I need...

What are my other options in terms of extended warranties? Any good sources, recommended companies?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Nonsense. As many people on here have reported, they have been glad of a good warranty that has covered expensive repairs on their Touaregs.

Yes, warranty companies will check that any claim definitely meets the terms of cover as they should -they are in business just like all of us to make money - and, in some cases rejections happen.

It is up the individual carefully read and understand what is covered and what is not BEFORE they sign up.

Overall I would not run a Touareg without good cover in place.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
put $50 a week away and self insure!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
986 Posts
I would say save your money those policies will rarely if ever pay out. They will look at everything to get out of paying claims. Better to just save your money...
This is the best advice you can ask for!

Personally I think many Touareg problems start with a un-replaced weak battery. I keep all my V10's on a tender when not in use and replaced both batteries as soon as I bought them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I paid about $2200 for my 7/100k $0 Plat Real Driver... So far it's paid for about $8000 in repairs, so on a V10 its been very very worth the cost. And I haven't had anything major happen, just the normal stuff.... Center Drive shaft, diesel pump, ACC sensor, and a few interior things here and there.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The truck I purchased came with a Fidelity warranty, covering another 20 months, 20K miles or so.

I may inquire about renewing it before it expires. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.