Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd like them, but need to verify they will fit my 2009 V6 gas... do you have any part numbers off them and/or could you send pics of the flange where it mounts to the muffler ?

I'm assuming visible parts are in good shape ?

If they'll fit and in good shape then I'll take them....

Thanks,
Chuck

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the same ones on my 2010 VR6. There is a band clamp on both ends. You just loosen them on the ones you are removing, wiggle them off, and put the new ones on. Very nice look

·
Registered
100 Posts
Lux magic: Perfect, thanks for confirming -- some parts catalogs seemed to imply they would cross, but nothing beats having someone done it before :)

Pilot: as PM'd, I'll take them as long as the exteriors are in good or restorable shape.

//Pancho

·
Registered
146 Posts
I ended up sanding mine down with 600 grit wet/dry. It gave it a great brushed look, which is what I wanted anyway. They were a little scuffed up, but I paid almost double for mine. Jump on Pilots. He wont steer you wrong

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have to back seat the exhaust tips at the moment, Paul. I live those tips, too. However, my daughter dumped an entire bottle of milk into the pores of the back seat seat back. Which is why I just logged on. Looking for a part out, or something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have to back seat the exhaust tips at the moment, Paul. I live those tips, too. However, my daughter dumped an entire bottle of milk into the pores of the back seat seat back. Which is why I just logged on. Looking for a part out, or something.

I did clean up the tips so they look pretty good now. Check ebay for back seat replacements. Depending on what color you need, there are some out there. I had to replace the seat bottom of my back seat when I first purchased it. Prior owner had a big dog which trashed the seat bottom. Got both sides of the seat bottom from a salvage yard (like new) for $200 and avoided having to get gouged by VW for new covers.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That was my first move, check out eBay, and amazon. I always like to exhaust all avenues before making a monetary move. I actually have two very good ins with VW dealers here in the NY Tristate area.

I should actually look into setting something up thru them for people here on the forum. Anyone know who I would talk to about that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts