Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2015 Touareg Executive- it’s definitely a Executive as I confirmed it with the vin - but after doing research I found that executive models have for example: Dynaaudio , back sun shades and mime doesn’t ? Why ? Is it possible to have an executive model without those ? Mine has navigation, side cameras leather , etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a Touareg last Thursday for 24,500 2015 lux model with only 28k miles. They told me it was a executive model and car fax said it was a executive- well i just figured out it is a lux model when I noticed it didn’t have the Dynaaudio, or back window shade - i am contacting the dealer and wanted some advice as to what or how much should I ask for in the terms of a refund - ? I bought in a rain storm and the deal went fast so I guess I took their word for it

·
Registered
99 Posts
You say "confirmed with VIN", but why didn't you check the window sticker? That would have said "Lux" on it. Even if they didn't have the original window sticker the dealership should have reproduced it from VAG NA and given you a copy.

If you paid a significant premium for what you thought was an Executive then I'd say you have grounds to complain. But do it soon, if you are in a state that allows buyer's remorse refunds you only get 5 or 7 days. I'd be calling the dealership today if they are open and start raising hell.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'd say you got a steal, and maybe should not worry. You don't say if it was Gas or diesel, but the only 2015 Diesel under 30k miles on Autotrader is at $39,950. The lowest price gas is $24,195 and that's a Sport.

If you got a Gas Lux for $24,700 you got a great deal. If you got it CPO then you should feel guilty and go give that dealership more money.

IMHO.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had similar issue back in Feb when buying our 2014 LUX TDI. One dealer had a 2013 marked as ‘exec’ but no Dynaudio labeled speaker system, it had the 19” lux five spoke (Everest I thing) wheels, not the 20” ‘dual blade’ five spoke wheels ( Pikes Peak I think). One thing I did not know, but the Execs had a heated steering wheel controlled from the MMI. So had I known that too, I would have checked. I countered his sales price, pricing the car as Lux, not exec, he was unimpressed with my bid. He told me it was the ‘lux’ package on an executive build. No such thing, but yeah, I was born at night, just not last night.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I noticed when I was shopping for an Exec that those sites that confirm the trim level via VIN were wrong. The only sure fire way I found to tell was by looking at the dealer photos and verifying the wheels and Dynaudio logo on the speaker grills. If your speakers don't say Dynaudio, you don't have an Exec.

I confirmed this with that site that can get the original window stickers, but the problem with that site is that it only works for probably 10 hits per day. I think I figured out it resets at like 3am EST, but it took me two weeks of trying to get one window sticker. What I did was I found a listing that said it was an Exec, but it didn't have Dynaudio on the speakers. Every VIN lookup site I tried also said it was an Exec, however, the window sticker said it was a LUX and of course it didn't have Dynaudio (or any other Exec exclusive features).

·
Registered
153 Posts
When we bought our 2013 TDI Exec last year every single seller seemed to be listing them incorrectly. I cross referenced pictures of the wheel size door sticker and KESSY switch on the console to confirm that the "sport" we eventually found in another state was actually an exec. Used the information to my advantage to "steal" it for $16K out the door. My credit union loan originator actually called me on that one and asked how I'd managed to get it for so much under book and offered to cut a check for the difference--making this my 3rd modern VW to "make" money on :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts