Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a lot of rallys out west Colorado Utah etc...

Question, I'd like to attend one and don't really want to drive and put all the mileage on (atleast not yet). Has anyone towed their vehicle on a car carrier?

I've been looking at a bunch of site but the max load i've found for those is like 4400lbs and the treg weighs like 5300.

Also is it worth doing that? or should i just make the drive

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
Drive, but get another set of wheels. You do not really want to run those 19"s offroad. If you run with us in CO at the Ouray Rally you will need a full size spare as well as a few other things. It is not a camping thing since all the rides are day rides, but you still need to prepare for the worst.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a set of 17's coming in tomm. I also wound up getting Cooper Discoverer M+S tire for winter. reasonably priced at 112 per tire at local shop and heard some good things. Trying to keep expenses down as much as possible these days

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Yep - keeping those costs down is on everyone's mind.

Colorado Rally is a Sunday night-Friday affair with Wednesday off, and occurs in the last half of July at max wildflower bloom. This is a very friendly first-timer option.

We'll likely do Moab Utah again in mid-May - with key trails on the weekend. Its not generally a first-timer trip - the abrupt ups and downs take a bit of nerve and confidence - and undercarriage damage is possible. There is a wealth of experience to help if you want to take it on.

If you are ever in Vegas or Southern California, a few of us can find ways to rendezvous on a weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts