Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Is there an European tail light available for the 2016 model?

I want to have amber direction lights and perhaps a rear fog light. It bugs me when cars sold here don't have the amber blinkers. I did this mod for my R32, swapping out the stock lights with Euro LED tails.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Agreed, Red lights at the back for brake and night... yes! but indicators should be of a different colour... ie yellow

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Most people in NA wouldn’t know what rear fog lights are all about and would not pay for that extra level of “being seen”, which is why it is not even on the list of features.

Given the savy of most drivers in NA, If cars would have the rear fog lights, they would be left on all the time, just like the front fog lights, which is to be used for fog...! (a novel idea!) and blind oncoming cars, but also blind people behind. Driver education would go along way and so would the police enforcing these rules which is in the drivers handbook too! That’s it... my ramblings are over for tonight!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I never noticed the non-Amber turn signals. I kinda wish I had Amber turn signals.. But given the amount of stupid people on the road I might not save me, but I would still feel better with Amber ones.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I know how those people with rear fog lights use them idiotically. I don't turn it on (in my R32) until it is really foggy.

But yes, it would be really nice to convert the rear tails into Euro spec, with amber turning signals. So far, I can't even find a video like that, for the 2015/2016 model years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts